Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

It is.

I may well be a NR. My achilles have been in bits since I went for a slow woods/beach run on Monday and not done a tap since. Physio having a look at it tomorrow.

1 Like

Me too. My calf is acting up again

1 Like

I feel grand.

2 Likes

Big 13k from you so tomorrow,?

Yeah, Iā€™ve surpassed my expectations and was very happy with that time. The pacing sites (& @Mac) were giving me 5.20/km for 10 miles based on my 5km (4.52/km) and 10km (5:11/km) times in March so Iā€™ve come in roughly 3 minutes below that.

In some respects, Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m actually any fitter/quicker. A combination of Flipbelt, running with no underpants on & wearing a bandana are probably the main reasons for my gains.

10 Likes

Nah I ran 10 there tonightā€¦ horrible hill to finish but keeps me honestā€¦

1 Like

The underpants were definitely constraining your ability to open up your legs and express yourself.

2 Likes

This is the gamechanger

1 Like

Iā€™ve been creeping on your Strava there to get Wexford route inspiration. Do you have any nice routes? That 10km today looks like a killer uphill finish alright. Would you be running down the hard shoulder from Whitford roundabout to Ferrycarrig turn off?

Nahā€¦ Run down the middle of the shirt off Jamesā€™ tatoo showingā€¦

Yeah hard shoulder only on one side at the momentā€¦

A nice run would be park in Faytheā€¦ Run to ferrycarrig and backā€¦ Might try it after work next Friday

1 Like

Are you measuring times off phone or watch?

A lap of Min Ryan Park is probably only around 500m, is it? When I heard they were building a new town park I had visions of it being a mini Phoenix Park or something, but itā€™s quaint enough. I wouldnā€™t be a fan of running on the side of the main/ring roads so I might do a few routes around the town and take in a few laps of the park.

What are you insinuating? :rage::running_man::rage::running_man:

:grimacing::eyes:

Just got burned myself by something similar

Harriers have a new walking track around their pitchesā€¦

Approx 750m a lapā€¦

1 Like

I may be wrong, but i donā€™t think it gives you a medal on your first attempt at a distance.

That is absolutely phenomenal running @Bandage . I missed the thread bump yesterday but came across your very needy twitter post.

Youā€™ve really come into your own on the longer distances. The further youā€™ve run the quicker your average pace has been.

4 Likes

Fair play man. Interesting to note that your heart rate appeared to peak when you were passing Lynchā€™s Takeaway.

2 Likes

16.09 is a 10 miler. @Bandage did 16.11.
I would think his time is even quicker than the magical 82:55. Maybe as much as 5/6 seconds under it.

1 Like

Iā€™m an NR lads. Got a diagnosis on my heel as being Plantar Fascities and itā€™s all about resting it. Can cycle away though so silver linings and all of that.

Iā€™d like to add to the congrats to @Bandage and the fantastic progress heā€™s made in the last few months. A sub 83 ten miler is a great reward for all the hard work, well done kid.

3 Likes