Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Inspired by my hero @Bandage i put on my fast shoes, stepped into the flipbelt and loaded it with TWO packets of sweets and set a playlist. It wasn’t optimal timing as I had done a fast 10k yesterday.

This time included being hit by a car which didn’t indicate turning onto broad street, I barely lost stride but was a bit shook up briefly, obviously I didn’t stop.

Strava has given me a 10 mile time of 70:42 which is a big PB,
I may have another minute in me with a small taper

16 Likes

Great running. You’d be able for sub 70 I would say

1 Like

Brilliant running.

Another 50 seconds off and you hit your apparent ‘impossible’ target

My patented target processing system is really bringing out the best in lads :clap:

Group targets are dead - cc @locke

5 Likes

Great stuff. Must try a shortened version of that instead of out and back the same way.

1 Like

11k this morning…, I’m gonna take the full time allotted before attempting the 10miles… I’m only getting out twice a week so gonna add bit by bit from here. Tried to do the 11 in an hour and came in 14 seconds just over it…was under 55 for my 10 again so slow gains but we’re getting there.

2 Likes

Ya, I really don’t like doubling back on myself so out Childers Road and back the canal path is my usual route for that middle distance run, you could incorporate the Shannon banks and the red path if you wanted to extend your run

2 Likes

I had that when younger. A cunt of a thing.

When the rest is done get a hockey ball or sliotar and step up on to it in bare feet and roll the fuck out of your sole and then foam roll the calf. If you do it religiously every day it will help

1 Like

Edge of stairs, stretch calves, up down up down…

Had it myself about 4 years ago, these help.

2 Likes

Stretch the fuck out of your calves. I got it two years ago almost and when it alleviated a few months later there was a nasty mid achilles issue which is taking forever to remedy. Haven’t run in a year but able to cycle still at least.

1 Like

The normal calf stretch as well @Locke but raise the inner part of the rear foot. Small change but works like magic.

1 Like

Ungo Bungo has made clane shit of @Bandage

:smiley:

What’s this all about?

That’s savage going. :clap:

Twitter comments

Simply incredible

6 Likes

Like an early Xmas present for @bandage that comment.

2 Likes

My goodness. Thanks, old epal. Hope you and yours are keeping well.

2 Likes

I was on a run with @Rintintin (as opposed to being on the run) and he nearly keeled over when I told him of your progress.

2 Likes

Running friends. :running_man::running_man::running_man:

Fair play, that’s huge improvement in a short time.

1 Like