Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Go back out and do it again.

1 Like

Iā€™m home pal. 25km for the week which is grand for me.

1 Like

Visibility was shocking. Made it to the carn without realising we were there until about 10 metres beforehand

Iā€™m in great form at the moment, body seems to be benefiting from doing less training.
I think Iā€™ll take it very hand for the next 2 weeks before having a good cut off the 10 miles.

A new pb for the 10k this morning, 42:57.
Nearly died a death for last 3km into the wind.

21 Likes

Outstanding, have you got the new shoes? Thatā€™ll give you a bit extra as well

That sounds a bit dodgy, would ever be running along the edge of big drops?

No not yet, I must sort them this week.

Had the wind in my back for a lovely 2km straight stretch, but once I hit the main road it was a killer , I very nearly gave up around 7.5km

Ah it wasnā€™t. Thereā€™s an actual gravel and rock path on the way up. The way down was lovely. A boggy single track trail that was runnable for the most part. In saying that I looked over to the left and right at one stage and wouldnā€™t have had a clue what was there. I knew (from research) there wouldnā€™t be any crazy drops off to the side though

3 Likes

Fuck you, you smug cunt. Thereā€™s lads here whoā€™s career is on a knife edge and youā€™re posting up that inflammatory shite

PS. Great running, mate :+1:

3 Likes

My own was on knife edge a few weeks back so they should be serving as inspiration. Iā€™m slightly competitive and itā€™s been bugging me that I didnā€™t hit the targets for 5k and 10k in the original challenges so Iā€™m dropping back occasionally to try to beat them.

3 Likes

A lad I know years back out your neck of the woods (Pallaskenry direction) is putting up serious mileage. Just saw he did at least his second marathon of the year, which included two gos up Knockfierna. Would that be much of a climb?

I knows him, heā€™s actually living nearer to me now and would be involved with the club a bit. Nice guy.

Knockfierna wouldnā€™t be a patch on what you are doing but fairly short and sharp in spots. Total height is under 300m I think

I lived with him for a year or so way back. A solid fella.

I was a non-runner at midday. Just wasnā€™t feeling it. Sorry to my fellow runners and the charity I was meant to be supporting.

2 Likes

@ungobungo having the last laugh*

*at the erm, random athlete on twitter

1 Like

Had about a gallon of Heineken last night might get out for a twilight jauntā€¦

15 Likes

Can you do a metric version for the non imperialists on the board?

No