Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Beauden Barrett did a 4.12 on his return to the Blues at the start of this/last season

The surface you are doing it on would have a massive bearing too. You’d knock a chunk off your time from January to April based on surface alone (talking about a GAA field)

We had a fella from munster Rugby come in years ago to do a fitness session and he did a Bronco test.

I pissed it and was feeling smug about myself and the cunt says well done, you just about beat John Hayes time. Like. A. Cunt

8 Likes

Rubby is generally out and back in straight lines tho …

Soccer / Gaa is a lot more twisting, jumping , change of direction … Rubby fitness doesnt necessarily cross over, nor soccer to rubby etc. - leaving the physical contact side out of it.

ah yeah. the same fella was getting sick watching us I’d say. Going from looking at professional athletes to looking at our lads was some land I’d say.

He stopped the whole session for 20 minutes to demonstrate to us how we were standing wrong when the ball wasn’t near us. To demonstrate this he got our centre half - a big agircultural gaa/soccer hybrid to stand as he would in the match, then absolutely levelled him.

The gaffer had to say , eh we’re paying you for a fitness session, not a standing session

1 Like

Know your audience ffs.

100%. He got some slagging off the lads when he was gone about a half a mile down the road in the car. :smiley:

We had some beauts tho. The club got a nutritionist in the same year and in the introductory meeting with the players, managers etc, Gonzo (player) took up the whole 45 minutes discussing the benefits and drawbacks of jam sandwiches as pre/during and post match snacks.

The poor young man left the room with the respect of nobody

1 Like

I only like blackberry/blackcurrant jam.

1 Like

The MIL made a chocolate cake the other day, middle filling was blackcurrent jam.

Game changer.

3 Likes

:face_vomiting:

Blackcurrant jam is the thinking man’s jam.

Thought that too Art but it’s the business. She does the same but with marmalde. That’s even better as I’d have a grá for chocolate orange.

you’re a bad man bringing up cakes and @Thomas_Brady trying to get fit

I’m atin my vegan porridge here now.

do you usually put rashers into it or something that you have to clarify the vegan part?

2 Likes

Subtly getting inside his mind. Can’t have him getting notions of being the fastest here in leafy Southside Cork.

No, that’s just for effect. Optics is everything.

the seedy world of tfk 5k politics

Banana sauteed in coconut oil. Porridge cooked with oat milk and water. Top the porridge with banana and with Frozen mixed berries, soya yogurt, honey and crushed nuts.