Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Standard in Cork City higher than Mid-Ulster mate. They’d be on par

No it’s not.

7.19km at 5:39/km this morning with an average heart rate of 151bpm.

I’ll go for my regular Friday morning longer effort tomorrow (usually 10km-12km) and I’ll designate that as my weekly hard run.

I’m predicting 5:09/km at 171bpm.

6 Likes

Go hard or go home, every run should be at maximum effort

2 Likes

I’ve the fitness of a 20 year old.

5 Likes
1 Like

Serious study.
It’s almost as if taking rest days are beneficial.

2 Likes

@fenwaypark after trouble with asics and injuries flaring up again ,I was going to revert to Brooks again but ended up getting a pair of Hoka runners to see if they would make difference to staying injury free … fcukin savage… not a bit of trouble with my knee since …definitely suited to the bigger units…

4 Likes

I got a new pair of Hoka trail shoes yesterday.
The Speedgoats. I had the Torrents but they were defective. Lugs started peeling off so sent them back and they were out of them so gave me credit for the Speedgoats instead.

2 Likes

Never took videos running before so excuse quality below and my heavy breathing :rofl:

A lad from work was trying to figure out a bit of a loop. So I filmed a few sections. This would be low enough elevation (around 250-300m) I guess and not technical terrain but gives an insight into some of the nice routes that you can get on trails

4 Likes

And a few photos as I got a bit higher

1 Like

Looks savage :clap:

Aside from the colours, what benefit would the Hoka’s have over these types of Asics?

Depending on what Hokas you are going with but Speedgoat would have a lot more grip

Look out for lug depth etc

1 Like

Are the soles ridiculously thick on them or is that just the way the design looks?

Hard to know that really,
I suppose one thing is that the speedgoat is incredibly popular and that shoe is one I’ve never heard of,
The speedgoat is a nice bit lighter as well.

I’m actually going to buy a new pair of trail shoes today, having tried a few on including the speedgoat which I was intending to buy I’ve decided on the new balance hierro 6 which seems lovely on my feet,
Heading to Connemara at the weekend so hope to get into the bush and mountains

Those Asics are the trail equivalents of the Kayano in terms of support so that’s why I went for them.

That pony that was trotting alongside you (that was the noise right???) must have been a hindrance

They’re fairly thick alright!

The Torrent 2, which I really liked, doesn’t have the big cushioned sole.

These were only colour I could get anywhere in my size. €105 on alltricks.com

:grinning::grinning: ponies, sheep, rabbits. That’s what you would spot there.