Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

It’s my lads birthday as well today. Great minds think alike **

**Take what they’re offered.

Good effort keeping going. Early morning is the only time be out, and in the woods if possible

2 Likes

First 5km since November. Needed that. Thanks for being part of the inspiration.

15 Likes

Fair play for getting the runners back on, you picked the hottest day of the year to end an 8 month hiatus :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yeah, I was running thinking ‘How nice this would be in early winter’.

1 Like

Running in that heat is a penance, nothing better than going out on a cold crisp day once you get over the first few hundred meters and the blood starts to circulate.

3 Likes

Agreed!

Give me heat and humidity over cold any day. I know I’m in minority.

3 Likes

Heat for the roads. Cold for the hills. Hills on a warm day is murder

1 Like

I always found I excelled in hot weather against pale skinned Irish roasters who would crash and burn in the heat where I held my own.

5 Likes

Well done mate :+1:

1 Like

Cold anyday for me. I love running in the sweltering cold.

The sheer heat from the sun today is actually not as bad as those clammy, sticky days you can get with clouds covering the sky. They can really test the lungs.

Picked up a secondhand running aid online. A classy touch by the sender.

6 Likes

That’s a grand watch as well, no frills but very reliable and looks good on the wrist, I had one of them for a good while, my wife wears it now.
Good luck,

The protein bars are a pure cod though :grinning:

1 Like

Depends. If you spend half your life working and half in here they are a convenient dinner.

The weather must be playing havoc with Strava lads. Are none of you logging the runs these days.

I’m still doing runs, you see (cc Luke O’Neill), but I only really post screenshots when it’s related to an actual TFK lockdown running challenge. For some, the auld running challenges were a way to pass time/keep fit during lockdown before the resumption of team sports etc. But I’m in negotiations with @fenwaypark and @caulifloweredneanderthal about my next offline virtual online race. Need consensus on what type of ground suits me best though.

5 Likes

Do lads want a new challenge ?

We could nearly do an in person TFK run at this stage .

I’m here with a sore back getting ready to drive down home and run a trail half tomorrow

4 Likes

You should come over and do the Keswick mountain festival half marathon with us. You’d be most welcome.

I’d love to but it’s two weeks before the Wicklow EcoTrail that myself and @Mac are doing

3 Likes