Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Stunning.

Here was me

5 Likes

That looks lovely underfoot.

It was. That was down low and a nice stretch. Visibility was good by time I got there but energy was decreasing. Much wetter up high.

1 Like

First ever proper running session tonight, first time ever running after lunchtime as well,
Legs felt dead at the start but I dug it out, nice to run in a group

10 Likes

You join a club?

Just turned up for a weekly session, don’t know how it works from here on in

1 Like

How did you go today @Bandage

I completed the 5x5 mins at 4:30/km alright. Strava tells me I did a 4:20 km at one stage for a new Bandage record (NBR). My 2 minute recovery in between each 5 minute segment was 90 seconds walk followed by 30 seconds jog into the 4:30/km pace. I’ve been batting a blocked/runny nose/Covid(?) since the weekend so it wasn’t easy but managed it just about.

7 Likes

You are flying. Your heartrate is coming way down on your easy runs, shows how much fitter you are.

1 Like

NBR - classic Bandage. I lol’d at that.

Well done on the progression and taking weight off your head/neck area.

2 Likes

Got an email saying the parkruns are back in a few weeks. You’ll be able to give one a bash and see how far you’ve progressed. Fair play. You’re flying it.

1 Like

Thanks lads.

Parkrun is returning at selected venues from 11 September. I saw St Anne’s Park Parkrun saying they wouldn’t be able to return on that date but hopefully soon after. I presume they’ve to hold back because they’d be one of the busier ones around the country.

I used to just start at the back and meander through the latter part of the field and settle for my 28 minutes back in the day. I still don’t think I’ll have the conviction to shove up towards the middle for the start, @Wexford1996.

1 Like

That’s a serious time for someone weighing 31 stone.

3 Likes

Come on down to Gorey on the 11th

I’ll be passing through that day en route to my autumn holidays in Wexford.

1 Like

@bandage Week 7

Mon- 12 × 400m off 2 mins recovery. Run these at 4min per k. Do 2k warmup and cool down. Make sure to do some stretching after warmup.
Tues - 45 min recovery @ 6.10ish per k (no quicker than this pace. Slower the better).
Wednesday- 2 x 8 mins @ 4.40 per k off 2 min recovery. Take 3 minutes and then run 2 × 4 minutes @ 4.30 per k off 2 min recovery. Run 2km warmup and cooldown.
Thurs - 45 min recovery @ 6.10ish per k (no quicker than this pace. Slower the better).
Friday- 90 min LSR @5.50ish per k. Run last 20 mins at 4.50 per k.
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - 45 mins easy @ 5.30ish per k. Do 6 strides at end.

1 Like

Come over to porterstown for some post race blackberry cream sponge

1 Like

:eek: :running_man: :worried:

2 Likes

Piece of piss for you now you chancer

1 Like