Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

How do you get on?

Morning FWP. 3 minutes between each of the 12 second hill sprints?

Yeah. Run them flat out and take the 3 mins.

1 Like

Well done @Wexford1996 . Most of us could only dream of a time like that.

1 Like

That was tough. Knew pretty early I wouldn’t be able to hold the pace but stuck with it until half way and then backed off. Cramped at 37k but got going again. The legs are surprisingly OK this morning.

10 Likes

@Thomas_Brady will be on in a bit to let you know why you cramped up.

Disappointing when you don’t hit the pre race target but that’s still a serious run you put in.

4 Likes

How are you fixed for Sunday? Will actually be in Belfast so will be out watching if it’s not pissing rain.

As fixed as I’m going to be I suppose, definitely didn’t do enough long runs as in 20 + miles but no point worrying about it at this stage, sometimes life just gets in the way.

Will do a short quick run tomorrow and leave it at that.

Forecast is good for Sunday morning so I’m looking forward to it now.

How’s the body after Berlin?

6 Likes

Not too bad but I’ll take it easy for a few weeks now. Best of luck on Sunday and try to enjoy it.

4 Likes

A friend of mine who runs a bit says if you are enjoying it you are doing it wrong :grinning:

2 Likes

I’d generally enjoy marathons anyway. Obviously can be tough and painful at times but I enjoy the buzz of it. A 5k or 10k is different because you’re pushing from the start. For the most part in marathons you should be comfortable enough until at least half way unless you make a complete mess of the pacing.

3 Likes

@Bandage week 11
Mon- 12 × 400m off 90 sec recovery. Run these at 4min per k. Do 2k warmup and cool down. Make sure to do some stretching after warmup.
Tues - 45 min recovery @ 6.10ish per k (no quicker than this pace. Slower the better).
Wednesday- 3 x 8min @ 4.30min per k. Take 2mins between. Run 2km warmup and cooldown.
Thurs - 45 min recovery @ 6.10ish per k (no quicker than this pace. Slower the better).
Friday- 110min LSR @5.50ish per k. Its really important not to go quicker that 5.50 per k. You are doing enough quality on monday and wednesday. This is about time on your feet.
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - 45 mins easy @ 5.30ish per k. Do 6 strides at end.

2 Likes

Good luck today.

1 Like

Thanks chief the race is actually tomorrow.

Drizzly kind of morning here today but tomorrow morning looks better, off to collect the race pack shortly

1 Like

Best of luck tomorrow. Stick to your plan.

1 Like

Thanks for my schedule, FWP. I feared a rebuke for yesterday’s effort. In my defence, I was largely on pace for the first 4km before practically being shoved up Bull Island by the wind. I hope it’s helping like that for the half marathon in November.

FYI, the following week I’m on a little Monday-Friday autumn vacation so might be restricted to what I can do.

1 Like

You back in dublin for a parkrun on the saturday?

Farcical queues here for the race pack, well north of an hour.

Good job it’s not raining or they’d have a mutiny on their hands, why they didn’t post them out is beyond me.

Dublin don’t post them out either, you have to go into the RDS for them. All part of it craic I suppose. Best of luck tomorrow, up the Cats!!