Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Thanks horse, we’re going down the Shankill tomorrow so I won’t be wearing any Kilkenny apparel :grinning:

1 Like

That’s the plan, back on the Friday afternoon.

1 Like

That suits as you will have an easy enough week with saturday as raceday.

1 Like

Are you staying in city centre? Was in there earlier and traffic was brutal. Must have a look at the route map and see where to watch from. I won’t be on the Shankill.

I got a text from one of the lads and they queued for 3 hours to get numbers and they didn’t have one of their numbers. Has to go back later. Some shambles.

Staying a few miles out but I drove into town today after getting the race pack to collect herself and it was nuts in there.

The race pack collection was a disaster, I gave 3 hours queuing and there was still at least 2 hours of a queue when I was leaving.

I hope tomorrow is better organised or it will be chaotic

1 Like

You could be staying where I am at that rate. Some joke putting people through that day before marathon and it’s not like they’ve 20k running it. One of the lads didn’t get a number for the bag drop because they forgot to print it.

2 Likes

More reports of the Belfast shambles reaching me. Friends of ours queued for 3.5 hours. Were just about to head off after collecting numbers when one spotted they were incorrect. One was able to get the right one but they’d already handed out the other person’s one to someone else in error. She’s to go back tomorrow at 7am to get her number. I don’t know what the exact story is and why it couldn’t be resolved there and then. Maybe they need to re-register her or something after fucking up the QR code scanning initially? Presumably whoever has her original number will be running under her name now. Looks like mistakes all over the shop. There really should be a NI Protocol for things like this.

2 Likes

We’re in the Crowne Plaza, it’s about 15 minutes out of town.

Yeah could have done without all that fuck acting today but no point getting worked up about it.

Bed early and see what tomorrow brings.

3 Likes

Go out at your intended pace to half way. If you feel good then, don’t be frighthened to kick on. You are in much better shape than you think.

4 Likes

Thanks horse that’s pretty much the plan. I’ll report back tomorrow evening.

2 Likes

I’m in the same spot. Was having a few pints earlier in the bar.

3 Likes

The boys @wexford1996 and @Gavrilo-Princip will be toasting Gavrilo’s performance in the hotel bar this time tomorrow.

Best of luck pal. A forum awaits…

3 Likes

We came up Thursday night and the DUP were having their 50th anniversary celebrations here😃

5 Likes

You probably met @Locke so

4 Likes

They were all standing around the lobby and not one of them having a drink.

Friends of the forum Arlene Foster and Edwin Poots were working the room but with none of the magic John Delaney would bring to such an occasion.

2 Likes

It’s all about sobriety lads :wink:

I knew they preach temperance but they practice it as well in fairness.

1 Like

Best of luck tomorrow @Gavrilo-Princip - I’ll be tracking a mate of mine from home who was targeting Dublin but heading here instead.

Thanks cauli