Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Sensational running at weekend from @Bandage and @Mac. The Wexford boys are starting to peak.

3 Likes

I can’t see myself posting a great time on Saturday, as I just don’t possess the self assurance to push up towards the front at the start. I usually loiter near the back and having to weave past Nuala and Brenda in the early stages and maybe getting caught in a narrow section immediately puts you under time pressure. I think I’ll need to see a fun run/sport psychologist before I can get over this mental barrier.

2 Likes

Pressure makes diamonds

1 Like

Push up to the front, you’ve earned it. You can weave past Nuala and Brenda as you’re lapping them

3 Likes

It’s a 5km,get right up the front, set off at your dream achievable pace and try to hang on.
Stand on Nuala’s toes too as you are taking off

2 Likes

10s a k better than you think is possible and then hang on with every breath you own,
5k is all about guts, the last k should be agony

4 Likes

Say this to yourself:

I am GIANT

1 Like

You look like an athlete now @bandage.

Own it

1 Like

Thanks for the support as ever, chaps. I’m off for my last pre-Parkrun run shortly. Then my focus will turn to rest, hydration, nutrition, tactics/plan (cc @fenwaypark) and pure desire.

1 Like

Will you be listening to music as you run tomorrow? My suggestion would be a playlist where you have dancing at the crossroads jump in around the 18 minute mark and that you aim to get to the finish line for the line “Wexford heroes one and all”

3 Likes

Best of luck today.

4 Likes

A nation holds its breath

1 Like

Oh
My
Word

Savage stuff @Bandage :clap:

1 Like

Imagine if he’d done the 5k

2 Likes

An * beside the time is a small price to pay I suppose

1 Like

Shame to end up with a DNF after that effort.

Onwards to the half marathon.

Thank you @fenwaypark for delivering me at my peak to the starting line.

21:13 for 4.96km.

18 Likes

That’s outstanding, massive improvement in a short time. Inspirational​:clap::clap:
Now you’re a serious runner, you’ll be very close to 1:40 for the half, should go under it

5 Likes

@Bandage you are the absolute hero of this thread. You’re an absolute inspiration.

2 Likes

This is up there with one of my students winning the gold medal in economics.

13 Likes

A very proud day for coach Fenway.

2 Likes