Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Do I have to train in the rain, FWP?

Itā€™s what makes you a runner
Do you have a Buff neck warmer/headband yet
Itā€™s a game changer, keeps the headphones dry and when it gets too hot you can wear it as a wristband

Once itā€™s not too cold, training in the rain is great.

I hate the rain.

I was a relief postman during holidays from college so itā€™s well within me to perform in adverse weather conditions. I remember leaving my bike leaning against a wall in Liam Mellowā€™s Park one morning while popping some letters into the houses there. A wild gust of wind toppled my bike over and the bundles of letters (obviously sorted by route on a last place to visit, first into the bag basis) were strewn everywhere. Such a shocking event for a young postman to be subjected to. Iā€™m just looking for an easy way out here, Iā€™ll head off shortly.

1 Like

Did you enter Jingle Bells 5k?

1 Like

No but thinking about it. Just seen sold out. Pity.

Freddie Wright Phillips has given you an out. Take it.

Tallaght 5k going ahead mid November too.

Yeah, Ive ran that before. Is that pop up races aswell?

thereā€™s no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong gear.

1 Like

2022 Belfast marathon now registering for anyone interested, May bank holiday Sunday.

The race pack collection was a shit show this year, but they are assuring us there will be no repeat next year. Donā€™t know why they donā€™t just post them out.

The race day itself was very well run in fairness.

Yeah it is. Got an email from them yesterday because had entered it in 2020 when it didnā€™t go ahead. Course had changed last time I did it. 2 laps so you donā€™t have that long drag back up Greenhills Road.

1 Like

Iā€™ve gone to Clontarf for lunch instead so Iā€™ll run mid afternoon, I promise.

Congrats on the 5k PB

1 Like

:rage:

lf only Iā€™d kept my watch running on Saturday after the finish line until it clicked around to 5km. But I guess any Strava NBR is still not to be sniffed at.

PS, I found that session a right killer @fenwaypark. I couldnā€™t really find anything in reserve in the last 10 minute segment. Well for the first 5/6 minutes of it anyway - I got down to target pace for the final 4/5 minutes when I hit the parkrun course home straight. Giddy up.

2 Likes

Great session. Those sessions are tough but it will really stand to you. Builds great strength.

1 Like

While youā€™re there, pal. A couple of my chums have decided to run the Lisbon Marathon next May to mark us turning 40. Do I have your permission to join them? Or am I getting ahead of myself before even running a half marathon? The prospect of getting abroad for a long weekend in a nice spot is half the attraction, although I do have a growing desire to chance a marathon. Seems to be a hilly city/course.

1 Like

You are more than capable of running a very decent marathon.

3 Likes