Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

One of the lads I run with here spent a month with them. Said even the kids are phenomenal.

It’s in their make up

@fenwaypark now that Bandage smashed the parkrun can you share the tactics you gave him out of interest?

Make sure to do a light warm up tomorrow. 10 mins with 3 or 4 short strides and stretching. This will wake up the legs.

Head out at 4.20 k per minute. Im 100 percent confident you can hold this pace. Start off near front and fall into a group running that pace. Dont go off quicker than that. Draft behind that group ( not proper running etiquitte, but they dont realise you are trying to impress a bunch of strangers from the internet).

At 3k mark, dont be scared to kick on a bit as the adrenalin will get you home.

Main thing is to enjoy it. Its only a 5k race. You have put together a very good block of training. Sub 22 is there, you just need to trust in training and believe it. Good luck.

9 Likes

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Missed the vital bit of advice.
Make sure you run 5k.

5 Likes

I didn’t even get to draft behind folk in the end. It was kinda strung out and I couldn’t maintain contact with a group going a bit quicker than me.

1 Like

They’d have been struggling to get a tow off you had you followed my and @Tassotti 's excellent advice rather than spending most of your training outings resting up.

3 Likes

@Bandage , fine run this morning.

1 Like

Looks like @Bandage and @Mullach_Ide may have crossed paths this morning, likely without realising it

1 Like

Thanks fwp. What a buzz to run past @Rocko ’s house on my route today.

1 Like

It’s the little things

2 Likes

cc @fenwaypark

1 Like

What parkrun are you doing?

1 Like

Might be doing the Gorey one in the morning

Is that back in the park? Think they had moved it for a while. It’s not a bad one.

It is. 3.5 laps of it as there’s an inner path now too. It’s good and fast but a lot of tight twists and turns. I marshalled at it a few weeks back and some of the leading lads nearly did serious damage to themselves on some of the turns

They had moved it to the woods down the road while the park was being developed

Are you going to push for a particular time or just see how it goes?

Previous one was fast enough alright but the smaller bit of the park was tight. I might give one a go in the morning myself.

@bandage has inspired us!

1 Like