Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I’m back from a great run there.
10 miles, started with a big climb and ended on a bit of a trail. Lovely morning for it.

6 Likes

If you need to run those 1ks closer to 4.10, work away.

1 Like

I went a bit faster than intended after the first km today. Sorry about that, I was trying to run by feel without checking the watch too much but I was ahead of the pace.

1 Like

I did something similar down in Ballycotton. Absolutely glorious out there. Running on pure feel with no worry about time. Mucky slippy trails and running across fields around the headland.

8 Likes

Smashing pictures.

I’m now about five weeks into trying to shake colds/viruses. Had to get out today. Took a handy 12km route around some easy trails in Carlingford that I hadn’t hit before, before coming back and looping around on the Greenway

5 Likes

12 Likes

The 2nd one is a great photo

1 Like

Thanks pal. Had to tie my lace and was looking over to the Mournes. I sometimes quickly snap something and send it to the Mrs with location on to let her know I’m alive.

2 Likes

You’re a great athlete and a fantastic husband mate.

1 Like

That was too hard for me today, old pal. I had to freestyle & then gave up.

2 Likes

Not to worry, we will adjust next week. Weather would not have helped.

That was still an excellent workout. 40 mins @4.40 is a very good session.

1 Like

Has anyone done any half marathons abroad?

Think I might try for one next year.

It had the look of a gruelling week.
Still great running, and you’ve gone out and done what you can.

success-perception-vs-reality

5 Likes

I’ll definitely cling to the weather excuse. I quickened for the last 3kms, which is something at least. I was really struggling into the wind for the 7th km so I bolted down the avenue and did a few loops alongside Mick Clohisey’s running class.

1 Like

There are plenty. The Limerick Half is the May BH and Cork Half on the June BH here in the Republic. You’d be more than welcome.

5 Likes

Next week your second session will be part of your long run. It will be tough but managable.

1 Like

I’d like to do one in lovely warm weather.

Have a wedding on the May Bank Holiday weekend next year so that one is out for me.

Thanks, pal. Just posting that on LinkedIn because LinkedIn is the new Instagram.

My coach is definitely challenging/inviting me to step up in class. More difficult Monday and Wednesday speed and tempo sessions, like today’s one, adding on distance to the long run and upping the pace requirement for both it and the other standard 45 minute runs on other days.

I won’t quit though, except for today when I did in fact quit.

3 Likes

The Cork Half is always warm. I’m sure you’ll be able to pay in Sterling and get a good Euro rate.

Done one in Lisbon, very enjoyable. Starts on the bridge overlooking the city. It’s a very flat course.

2 Likes