Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Iā€™ve also done one in Lisbon in late November / December. Would definitely do it again. All along by the river and back so very flat. Savage city.

3 Likes

Just got this yesterday.

1 Like

@Bandage week 3 of 6 week half marathon plan
Mon- 6Ɨ 800m off 2 mins recovery. Run these at 4min per k. Do 2k warmup and cool down. Make sure to do some stretching after warmup.
Tues - 45 min recovery @ 6min per k (no quicker than this pace. Slower the better).
Wednesday- 50 min easy @ 5.10ish per k.
Thurs - 50 min easy @ 5.10ish per k. Do 6 strides at end
Friday- 10 min warm up + 5k @ 4.50 per k + 5 mins @ 5.30 per k + 5k @4.40 per k + 5 mins @5.30 per k + 5k @ 4.50 per k + 10 min cool down.
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - 50 mins easy @ 5.10ish per k. Do 6 strides at end.

1 Like

See thereā€™s a half in the Phoenix Park in mid Dec, might be something to aim for. Think itā€™s for the Jack and Jill foundation. Nice way to keep you going coming up to Christmas.

1 Like

I did my first half in Budapest 2019, hadnā€™t trained for it as I just saw posters when I was there and signed up the day before on no taper.
Meant to take it easy and go around in 1:45 but I felt really good at half way (I was buzzing off the energy of the crowds and the other runners) so I quickened the pace and finished in 1:39, thatā€™s why Iā€™m so confident that @Bandage will go under 1:40, heā€™s close to where I was back then

When is that one usually held? Havenā€™t been to Budapest before.

Course makes a huge difference. The half @Bandage is running is very tough and there wont be any crowds to feed off.

1 Like

@Bandage has been feeding off the TFK virtual crowd all year. The thoughts of 75 likes for a sub 1:40/38 likes for a sub 1:45 could propel him towards the magical time

8 Likes

Which one is he doing, Clontarf?

1 Like

Yeah.

Sounds like a horrible one. Is some of it on sand? Stiff wind that day and it could be hell.

It was around Easter, beautiful city,
Perfect weather that time of year, like an Irish summer

2 Likes

Yeah, never ran it but know some that have.

We went there on our honeymoon (it was just a three or four night thing). Lovely spot.

The bro used to live there, up in Buda. Great spot. Have been there in winter and summer a few times each, both different but equally a great experience

@Bandage , you deserve a big slice of cake after that run.

4 Likes

Iā€™m running out of superlatives for the man. Thatā€™s an excellent run.

2 Likes

Phenomenal run.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious as to what this means?

Thanks lads. Iā€™m living for the post Friday long run kudos.

That was very tough today. Wet and miserable for the first 8km or so, but I was determined to see it through after quitting on Wednesday.

4 Likes