Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

From where you were in January to hereā€¦ Itā€™s truly excellent.

A lot of kudos to @fenwaypark for the plan but youā€™re the man doing the running.

3 Likes

Short sprints, promotes good form, gets legs turning over quickly.

1 Like

Its easy to put a plan together. Having the right attitude and application ensures plan is executed.

Sure I wouldnā€™t have had a clue what to do but for Fenway giving me his time and expertise.

@fenwaypark do you know the exact route for the Clontarf half? I canā€™t find it online but Iā€™ve seen mention of it starting opposite The Yacht Pub on the prom, taking in Bull Island, up to Sutton Cross and back down to Clontarf again. Iā€™m not sure how that would get you to 21.1km though.

Thanks. Seeing @Bandageā€™e progress has made me want to get back running more again.

1 Like
1 Like

I expect the embrace of @Bandage and @fenwaypark at the finish line to be the cover image for that weekā€™s edition of the Clontarf Chronicle

5 Likes

Some of my local routes in this video I saw online last night. Thereā€™s a bit when he goes into a forestry that I havenā€™t done before so might check out this weekend

Ah thanks very much, Iā€™m not very good at google. So itā€™s essentially running one way for 10.55km before doubling back to the start. At least if thereā€™s a rotten headwind one way then itā€™ll be behind me for the other part. Iā€™ve ran parts of that route countless times. I think local knowledge will be worth at least 3 seconds per km.

2 Likes

As long as you donā€™t get a dreaded crosswind

1 Like

Which is a distinct possibility on that route. A knowledgeable running man once told me I should settle into a group and draft behind others in these situations, even though itā€™s not good etiquette.

2 Likes

An event like that might have pacers? So youā€™d be encouraged to drop in behind.

1 Like

Great running mate, super consistency which is a big plus.

1 Like

Great running @Bandage - we might have to get a group together for a TFK Parkrun closer to Xmas to see who can claim the true bragging rights at the end of year.

1 Like

Great running today @Bandage and @fenwaypark :clap:

2 Likes

I inadvertently gatecrashed a pop up race. I got a hearty cheer and round of applause at one stage and was ushered towards a certain section of the park by stewards. I googled afterwards and it was an Irish Wheelchair Association race with the option of doing 2.5km or 5km running or on wheels. I was at the back end of it, but I did go down the home straight and through the finishing area with the digital clock etc to take some more acclaim.

7 Likes

Great run @fenwaypark. Are you targeting any upcoming races?

None, just the race that is life.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Noone wondering why you didnā€™t have a number on?!