Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Joining a club will brings it to the next level, the camaraderie and support and the desire to push yourself with a bit of company on those hard shitty sessions, there’s only so far you will go on your own

3 Likes

100 percent.

@fenwaypark that was a great 10k yesterday, you are moving well these days

2 Likes

Lads what’s the best way to quickly sort a blister at the base of your big toe?

Compeed?

2 Likes

Super glue

Compeed. As a prevention, use vaseline if prone to blisters.

1 Like

Unreal racing/running/climbing today @Wexford1996 @fenwaypark @Mac :running_man::handshake::muscle:

3 Likes

I think @fenwaypark wins between the 3 of us given the distance and pace. I’m happy with my local legend status now and having ran more elevation than the local cycling club did on their 70km club spin today!

2 Likes

@bandage week 4 of 6 week half marathon plan
Mon- 5 × 5mins off 2 mins recovery. Run these at 4.20ish min per k. Do 2k warmup and cool down. Make sure to do some stretching after warmup and cool down.
Tues - 45 min recovery @ 6min per k (no quicker than this pace. Slower the better).
Wednesday- 50 min easy @ 5.20ish min per k.
Thurs - 50 min easy @ 5.30ish min per k.
Friday- 30 min @ 5.30 min per k + 60 min @4.50 min per k + 30 mins @5.30 min per k
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - 50 mins easy @ 5.20ish min per k. Do 6 strides at end.

Two sessions this week again. Incorporating second session into long run. 60 mins at PMP😎

1 Like

Thank you. Is Monday 5 x 5 mins or 5 x 5 miles? Presumably minutes…

PMP = Planned Marathon Pace?

1 Like

5 x 5 mins

Today’s scenery

6 Likes

Another brilliant session this morning @Bandage.

You are absolutely nailing Coach Fenway’s plan. Must have been a wet one this morning.

2 Likes

Thanks, pal. Very wet alright but it suited me to get the session done early. Now to finish writing some reports with ample caveats to avoid being held responsible for anything.

Have you got a decent rain jacket for running in?

Is a running gillet with a long sleeve base layer not a better option.

No, please recommend some.

I use a Salomon Bonatti but they’re expensive. But I need it for the wilds I go to.

I don’t think anything is fully waterproof so breathability is more important.

1 Like

I got this in the ASICS shop on O’Connell street
Beautiful jacket, light as a feather and completely waterproof

2 Likes