Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

:ok_hand::+1:

Chanced a half marathon today, 10 miles was the furthest I’ve gone before that. Went pretty well but was happy to get home for a finish.

11 Likes

Great run.

1 Like

Have given you a follow if that’s okay.

Spot on Locke us Kilkenny men have to stick together :wink:

1 Like

Good man what time did you do?

1:44:20
4:56 pace.

Happy enough with that. Was watching myself for first half, but kicked on a bit for 2nd half.

11 Likes

Cheers. Maybe I should be doing things a bit more structured but I’m just taking the chances to get out when I can. Trying to do a bit of everything (intervals, Tempo, etc) and just tip away.

1 Like

I’d say you’re a 1:35 man to start off with, 1:30 if you stuck with it

Nice one, that’s a decent clip

I might set the GLR HM as a target.
Struggling to find the time for longer runs at the moment.

I didn’t realise that Adare 10km would sell out so quick.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with that.

Great stuff, some pace injection in last third. Are you running around rural roads basically? Townland type stuff? How do you find it?

Great running @TreatyStones :clap:

Ya the roads I run on are great really. Mainly rural/local roads. Not much traffic, only fear is getting wiped out on a blind bend but I move further out going around them so I’m seen a bit earlier.

I have 10k, 12k, 16km and now 21km loops starting from my door.

4 Likes

@Bandage week 5 of 6 week half marathon plan
Mon- 6 × 3mins off 90 seconds recovery. Run these at 4.20ish min per k. Do 2k warmup and cool down. Make sure to do some stretching after warmup and cool down.
Tues - 45 min recovery @ 6min per k (no quicker than this pace. Slower the better).
Wednesday- 50 min easy @ 5.20ish min per k. Do 6 strides at end.
Thurs - 50 min easy @ 5.30ish min per k.
Friday- 30 min @ 5.40 min per k +30 min @ 5.20 min per k + 30min @5 min per k + 30 mins @4.40 min per k
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - 50 mins easy @ 5.20ish min per k. Do 6 strides at end.

Last tough week. Nice long progression run on Friday. Race week will be very easy.

2 Likes

They’re gonna release another 400 entries for Adare apparently, not sure why they’re doing it like that

1 Like

Ya I saw the post, they said it will depend on covid advice in January.

Thank you. I got race details a couple of days ago. There will be pacers. I’m already nervous about attaching my race number and timing chip, and various other logistical considerations.

2 Likes

Have you an auld follow on Strava :wink:

1 Like