Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Well the Decathlon shorts store what I need. Hydration vest takes everything else for a longer ramble.

I currently have 3-4 pairs of those shorts. Well worth stocking up on anytime they have a sale. I got a pair with lining like bicycle shorts inside too which are great to eliminate chaffing for those of us with big thighs on the very very long runs

Iā€™d a few chaffing problems after Saturday alright. Fat thighs and a heavy shower of rain near end didnā€™t help.

2 Likes

I sure did. I think I bought nearly everything you lads recommended.

I purchased a pair of Saucony Endorphin Speed 2 and a pair of Saucony Endorphin Pro. I havenā€™t worn the latter yet but Iā€™ve been wearing the other ones for my runs since the weekend before last. Definitely notice the difference versus the Saucony Guide, as you predicted. Much lighter, less clunky. Not sure if I should chance the Endorphin Pro for the half marathon at the weekend or just stick with the Endorphin Speed 2.

I bought a load of Adidas running tops (short and long sleeve) and shorts after @Mac spotted an online sale. I got gloves, socks, lanacane for my diddies and thighs. The only thing I didnā€™t pull the trigger on was the bandana/snood/hat that adapts to a wristband.

3 Likes

Donā€™t change your runners unless theyā€™ve been broken in. Youā€™ll fuck yourself up. New runners should be broken in over a couple of easy shorter runs. Not a race

1 Like

Save the pro for shorter distances
If your legs are fresh youā€™d go out too fast in them

1 Like

Eyeing these up as my next potential road shoes. Iā€™m about 18 months + into my current road runners but donā€™t use them too much so should get another bit out of them.

1 Like

I got them in white and I was wearing them with steigen tricolour socks. I looked like even more of a wanker than normal.

6 Likes

Didnā€™t think that would be possible.

:rage::face_with_hand_over_mouth::anguished:

I think Iā€™ll wear that little outfit for the race now.

1 Like

Thatā€™s it mate, store that anger, harness it, use it!!

1 Like

ā€œThe meeeeeddjjjyaaa wrote us offā€¦ā€

1 Like

Lads if ye can get them (I bought them from UK and got away with no custom charges), I have to recommend Drymax socks.

I bought a few pairs of their trail socks earlier in the year but have been wearing the same pair almost exclusively for trails and mountains. So theyā€™ve been through the mill and washed a lot.

I wore them on Saturday. Not a blister or any sorenees in the feet. I went through a fair bit of water during the day, a couple of stream crossings, and lots of muck. Theyā€™re the best socks Iā€™ve ever used. Expensive, but worth it.

I also used the Nike Pegasus Trail 3 shoe. I got it for 70 quid on offer from Nikeā€™s website. A comfortable shoe for a run thatā€™s going to incorporate mix of roads and trails. Not amazing on open mountain mind you (wouldnā€™t be best grip wise) but a useful addition to the shoe rotation.

5 Likes

Use GAME21 for another 25% off.

2 Likes

@fenwaypark Iā€™ve misplaced our contract/engagement letter and canā€™t recall your exact scope of work and coaching fees, but are you going to provide me with a race plan/tactics for Saturday? The weather forecast had been looking dodgy but it now seems like itā€™ll be dry, albeit still a bit windy. But not as blustery/stormy as they were predicting early in the week.

3 Likes

I most certainly will.

7 Likes

How are you feeling @Bandage?

Best of luck tomorrow. Fair play for how far youā€™ve come :clap:

Go and fucking smash it now :ronnyroar:

5 Likes

Nice workout today.

2 Likes

Best of luck tomorrow, just go out there and run your race. You have the work in the bank.

1 Like

Best of luck tomorrow. Only bit of advice Iā€™d give you is that if itā€™s windy tuck in at the back of a group and let the others do the work.

8 Likes