Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Honestly, I did not. @bandage had the training in the bank. Its easy to put a plan together. He has shown great commitment to follow the plan as between work and family, it would be easy to miss runs/sessions. I was obviously delighted that he hit his target, but not for me but for himself*

*and his supporters on here.

16 Likes

You called it yesterday morning. You said sub 1:40. And he delivered. The feel-good story of the year.

1 Like

Youā€™re a great man

2 Likes

Fair play @fenwaypark - now get back to your true calling of picking winners for the rest of us!

3 Likes

Savage :+1:

1 Like

Have you had to buy a load of new clothes @bandage after such a dramatic weight loss?

1 Like

What marathon are you doing @Bandage ?

1 Like

Itā€™ll be like a nature programme where a kind-hearted animal lover nurses an injured bird back to health until heā€™s strong and fit enough to spread his wings and fly.

3 Likes

The going into town thread will ruin all his running routines now

@gilgamboa Hard to be certain about split. Im obviously training much harder but dietā€™s improved a lot. Not ordering takeaway 2-3 times per week after getting children to bed. Eating an early and healthy dinner with them.

@caulifloweredneanderthal No major wardrobe upgrade. Recent purchases have been for casual stuff like t-shirts, tracksuit bottoms and training gear. No need for office clothes and I have some 32 inch Nudie jeans from 2015/16 that have stood the test of time. Just wear these with t-shirts when out.

@Wexford1996 A few of us from home have signed up to run the Lisbon Marathon at the start of May. I didnā€™t do any research into it, just followed their lead in booking it.

5 Likes

Your 2022 journey to Lisbon will capture the hearts of the forum and hopefully be an inspiration for other forumites.

1 Like

How did your body hold up through all the running over last year ? Itā€™s a serious increase from what you did previously ā€¦ a lot peopleā€™s body wouldnā€™t be able for such an increase especially when around 40 years of age mark ā€¦

Pretty good but thatā€™s down to Fenway. As I progressed beyond 5km back in March/April, he could see on TFK Strava Group I was running 5km-10km daily as fast as I could. He educated me that was a recipe for injury and so we built up distances gradually and with a mix of endurance, speed, slow/recovery days etc.

6 Likes

I think getting you to the race yesterday injury free was his greatest achievement.

7 Likes

A great training performance

1 Like

Great stuff @Bandage you are an inspiration

1 Like

@fenwaypark trained him like a horse for Cheltenhamā€¦ timed his run to perfection ā€¦brought him to the boil lovely , made sure the wexican showed up for showdown yesterdayā€¦ a coaching masterclass ā€¦

3 Likes

Henry De @fenwaypark delivered in spades. Hope the college rugby team realise what a strategist they have on their hands

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait to see Bando run his first marathon and go sub 3. Anneā€™s parkrun will lose their minds

Iā€™m gonna run that marathon and @flattythehurdler is gonna train me and weā€™re gonna destroy @Bandage and @fenwaypark .

7 Likes