Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

The Cork one would be handy for you, get the bus in for the start. Or Limerick, bring it home.

Similar happened to me at a triathlon in Limerick a few years back cycling. Arrived at a fork in the road with no marshals and no signs. Some went one way, some went the other.

Ended up back on course a few minutes later. One guy that I had overtaken just before we went wrong, went the right way, so I ended up overtaking him again a few minutes later to some confused looks. Probably cost me 5 mins.

Kudos @Bandage and Coach @fenwaypark

Letā€™s bring them back!

Iā€™m currently nursing a torn thigh from soccerballing. But Iā€™d love to take part in one of these again. Maybe January? I made good progress in the first half of this year but then between selling my house and moving my routine went to calamitous dogshit and Iā€™ll need to begin afresh.

1 Like

@caulifloweredneanderthal is the man for it.

Am happy to set up something in January.

Hopefully it will be a non-lockdown running thread (although the benefits of lockdown and WFH have reaped benefits for @Bandage).

Will start from the start again. 5km in January. 10km in February. 10 miler in March, etc.

I think the ultimate goal for 2022 would be a group TFK run. We could get matching running singlets and all, with our charity partnerā€™s logo (cc @RaymondCrotty ) on it.

3 Likes

Youā€™re an addict @Bandage

You know well that you should have been resting today :grinning:

1 Like

No harm. He rested sunday. Good sign he felt good enough to go for an easy run.

1 Like

I stayed within the guidelines.

1 Like

Did you say you entered Jingle Bells 5k?

was sold out.

1 Like

First run, local kick about aside, since mid Juneā€¦ 5k in 28.59ā€¦ as Big Mick would say, lots of dirty diesel to clear out.

4 Likes

November stats:

2/11/21 5.06 km

anyone with excess quantities of motivation ?

One of the lads in the running club emailed Donore last night and managed to get an entry. Might be worth a shot.

1 Like

Have an appointment in laser centre that morning so would be very rushed. Hamstring is niggly so hoping that does the trick.

1 Like

Registration open for the John Treacy 10 Mile in Dungarvan next February if anyone interested.

3 Likes

I got on this first thing this morning. Anyone interested should enter sooner rather than later as itā€™s very popular (boi).

Yeah it sells out quick, havenā€™t done it before but its meant to be very well organised so Iā€™m looking forward to it. Hopefully Covid doesnā€™t make a bollix of it now.

1 Like

Iā€™ve ran it 2 or 3 times. Great race and nice course. Bit of a drag on the main road with about 2k to go but a nice downhill run to the finish after that. It can be freezing though.

5 Likes

Great running today

1 Like

+1. @Wexford1996, you beat one of my other Strava pals by a few seconds. Thatā€™s a fair pace you went at.

1 Like