Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Cheers lads. Very happy with that. Actually think I could have went bit quicker as was conservative for first few km as didnā€™t know where my fitness was. Seriously fast course with downhill for last 2k.

3 Likes

@Bandage week 1
Mon- 5Ɨ 800m off 90 sec recovery. Run these at 4.10 min per k. Do 2k warmup and cool down. Make sure to do some stretching after warmup.
Tues - 45 min recovery @ 6min per k (no quicker than this pace. Slower the better).
Wednesday- 15 min warm up + 40 min @ 4.50 min per k + 15min cool down
Thurs - 50 min easy @ 5.20ish per k. Do 6 strides at end
Friday- 2hr long run @5.30 to 5.40 min per k
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - 50 mins easy @ 5.20ish min per k. Do 6 strides at end.

5 Likes

Unreal. We go again. :+1:

1 Like

Great running yourself yesterday. Have you any races planned?

Just did a 2km stretch through 1-6 inches of mud

Jaysus thereā€™s nothing as satisfying

Then arriving back onto the Corbally road with the legs thick with mud :+1:

2 Likes

Nope, would like to do a marathon in 2022 but no idea which one.

2 Likes

Raheny 5 mile end of January might be a good one to see where you are fitness wise.

1 Like

Fair play @Bandage , would have been easy to abort todays run

2 Likes

Was looking forward to it after a busy day. Strategic decision to have the wind behind me for the part of the loop where I was trying to go fast!

1 Like

They finally cleared it up. 25 years later

Iā€™ve entered my first race in over two years this Sunday. A 3 miler in aid of Cork Simon. You have to enter what time you think youā€™ll do it in and the person/persons who do it in that time win. Canā€™t wear a watch to check in the race. I put myself down for 24 mins 4 seconds. I donā€™t know what to expect if Iā€™m honest. Going to time it anyway and have my watch in my running belt.

#notonstravadidnthappen

7 Likes

Thatā€™s a great idea.

1 Like

Heā€™ll have wireless earbuds in too so he can get the audio time prompts every km

@Bandage
Mon- 8Ɨ 2 mins off 2 min recovery. Run these at 4ish min per k. Do 2k warmup and cool down. Make sure to do some stretching after warmup.
Tues - 45 min recovery @ 6min per k (no quicker than this pace. Slower the better).
Wednesday- 15 min warm up + 5k @ 4.50 min per k + 2k easy + 5k @4.40 min per k + 15min cool down
Thurs - 50 min easy @ 5.20ish per k. Do 6 strides at end
Friday- 2hr long run @5.30 to 5.40 min per k
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - 50 mins easy @ 5.20ish min per k. Do 6 strides at end.

3 Likes

Thank you. :+1:

1 Like

This looks like a good, tough session today. As I build up my running lexicon, is it correct to say thatā€™s a 2km ā€œfloatā€? Iā€™ve seen it but I havenā€™t fully grasped the context. Still unsure about ā€œbrick runā€ too.

1 Like

Yeah ā€˜floatā€™ is correct term. Basically easy running between long reps.

That session looks ok on paper but its hard enough. Wednesdayā€™s sessions are about building up to a medium long run with lots of quality. Builds stamina but also gets you comfortable with marathon pace.

1 Like

Brick run is a run off the bike.

2 Likes

First early morning run in the pitch dark this morning in a very long time. Thereā€™s something eerily satisfying about being out at that hour when itā€™s so quiet.

4 Likes

I was telling FWP that I piggybacked on some of my pals who had booked the ā€œLisbon Marathonā€ ages ago and invited me to tag along. I held off initially, as I wasnā€™t sure I could get the trip, but then I booked it after running the half marathon. Seemed like a logical next challenge etc etc. It was only when FWP queried marathon date in order to plot a training plan, that I properly looked at itā€¦

ā€¦The dopey fuckers booked the ā€œLisbon Eco Marathonā€ in May as opposed to the Lisbon Marathon in October. The Eco Marathon is mainly held in a huge, undulating city park with the last few miles out into the city streets. It starts at night (7.30pm) and you need to wear a head torch and carry a whistle! Itā€™s through lots of forest trails, up and down hills in this massive park.

I was telling my life partner and she saidā€¦ā€You can go to Lisbon for the weekend but youā€™re not doing that marathon. Itā€™s too dangerous for your first one.ā€ She thinks Iā€™ll get disoriented and collapse or something.

:anguished::thinking::running_man:

9 Likes