Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

You need to get her on a zoom call with Coach Fenway.

The Eco Trail marathon? Not a chance you should do that mate.

@caulifloweredneanderthal - talk to the man

Edit - 1000m elevation :rofl:

At least sheā€™s letting you go :+1:

Thatā€™ll be a brilliant event mate. You should do it @Bandage.

1 Like

Could you drop back to the half? Would be good training for the Cork marathon in June. To do the marathon youā€™d need to be doing long runs in the hills at least every second weekend. I definitely wouldnā€™t recommend doing that as your first marathon.

1 Like

I think a trail marathon would really help @bandage indulge in the running apparel and accessories market. New trail runners. A running pack. Soft flasks. A head torch.

2 Likes

I guess I could, although @fenwaypark has yet to veto the full marathon.

Although I only recently became an ATHLETE myself, Iā€™ve mixed in ATHLETICS circles for a good few years via my life partnerā€™s friends and their partners. A few of them have been following my progress and have been dropping hints that this would be a bit of a mad one to start with.

One of them sent me this list of alternatives this morning. Itā€™s a real case ofā€¦weā€™re not telling you not to do it but A, B & C would be way better.

iā€™d rather you do a traditional marathon. You are capable of running a very decent time. Target something at home first.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been out but itā€™s been so utterly pitch dark itā€™s hard to run properly as we canā€™t see the surface. Yesterday if we hadnā€™t known where we were going weā€™d have run into the trees.
Iā€™m abandoning ship for a few days.

Have you a head torch?

Iā€™ve only ran one spring marathon in Boston and that was a bit of a disaster. Find it hard to get motivated at this time of year but youā€™ve a great base and would have no issues. From that list I know a good few that have ran Rotterdam and itā€™s flat and known for fast times and easy to get to. I think Manchester is early April also and also pretty flat. Iā€™ve a deferred entry from Belfast for May but doubt Iā€™ll do it after hearing the feeback from the recent one. Limerick in May or Cork in June might be good options for you

4 Likes

Think of the likes you could mop up @bandage with a trip to Limerick to do the marathon. Itā€™s a no brainer.

4 Likes

You need to do the Polar Circle one in Greenland in April @Bandage. Iā€™m sure Kevā€™s mate would put you up for the weekend

1 Like

I think you should do it if the lads you were going with are gonna do it,
It was a mistake but youā€™ve signed up,
Donā€™t treat it as a marathon, donā€™t even think about time, walk up the hills,
But you CAN do it, and you wonā€™t regret it,
Brilliant, fuck em all and take it on, then an Autumn marathon with the experience in the bag

2 Likes

When you do your first marathon you always run your PB. Never forget that @Bandage

1 Like

Itā€™s not a good return on a 20 week block of training. Thatā€™s a huge investment in time.

1 Like

Only if he views it as that

I wouldnā€™t be treating it like a normal marathon, lots of long slow runs and trying to get into the hills at the weekend.
Heā€™d be out running anyway, heā€™s a runner now and it sounds like a great experience, he has flights and all booked right? @Bandage?

I mean if nothing is booked then fuck it

1 Like

A real test of @fenwayparkā€™s agility as a trainer here

2 Likes

Itā€™s like Tiger Roll going for the cross country before a tilt at the Grand National

2 Likes

We will have to agree to disagree on this.