Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Excellent stuff. What sort of a pace would you be moving at for something like that ?

Nothing to write home about time wise but I wasn’t pushing and I certainly wasn’t prepared, happy to be finished and happy to tick it off the list

Jesus there was some hairy bits, I followed a lap on AllTrails which brought me through a quarry forcing me to climb a cliffface on the other side, I actually pondered my death there.
Then I ran a full Kilometre through this

Not a great day for the views, these were a lot prettier in reality I’d say

15 Likes

Not a bad time. It’s a lovely little route. The worst parts are the road sections. That first pic you sent was a nice surprise the day I did it as that was one of the few parts I’d never been on before. I’m convinced the other way would be easier. You’ve the heavy lifting in terms of climbing done in the first half that way

1 Like

The state of that first picture, you were lucky to out the other side. :grinning:

1 Like

Well done @backinatracksuit you mad bastard

1 Like

Well done @backinatracksuit, as mentioned already - you mad bastard

1 Like

Did you have somebody drop you off at the starting point and come back to collect you at the end? #logistics

Tremendous @backinatracksuit

Excellent effort. On your own too.

Was it a wrong turn brought you through that really thick mud?

I drove to the start and got picked up at the finish, I was sitting in the car earlier waiting for enough light to start out

That was part of it @flattythehurdler, I suppose not many people do it this time of the year and there’s obviously a lot of forestry work going on in that section

1 Like

Crikey. Could have been catastrophic. Fair play to you mate. That’s a really great effort. Well done.
@caulifloweredneanderthal , I’d join you on that in the spring/summer?

1 Like

You’d be very welcome, as would @backinatracksuit and any other forumite. I’d have water and bananas left at the halfway point in Toor also

And some angel dust?

You’d be nearly passing the door of one of Ireland’s best Poitin spots.

1 Like

Did you listen to anything while out @backinatracksuit ? I’d rarely run without music but sometimes on the trails there’s a lovely feeling of serenity of pure silence and and your feet hitting the ground alone with nothing but your thoughts

Legendary BTS, fair play kid!

1 Like

I was flicking between these two books, listened to playback and my 2021 Spotify mix for the finish

I’m a bit ADD, can’t stick with anything

2 Likes

@Bandage
Mon- 10× 400 off 60 second recovery. Run these at 3.50 to 4 min per k. Do 2k warmup and cool down. Make sure to do some stretching after warmup.
Tues - 45 min recovery @ 6min per k (no quicker than this pace. Slower the better).
Wednesday- 15 min warm up + 12 mins @ 4.40 min per k + 1k easy + 12 min @4.30 min per k + 1k easy + 12 min @4.40 min per k +15min cool down
Thurs - 55 min easy @ 5.20ish per k.
Friday- 2hr long run @5.30 to 5.40 min per k
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - 55 mins easy @ 5.20ish min per k. Do 6 strides at end.

3 Likes

You were moving at a nice clip yesterday fenners

1 Like