Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Some Garmin watches will allow you import routes created on Strava. Or you can copy others routes and import them too. Check if your watch can do it and it’s a handy way to follow if you’re unsure where you’re going.

1 Like

That and/or the TFK Slieve Felim Fun Run. 20 euro entry fee. I sort a bus. All proceeds to see beyond borders

5 Likes

I create routes on Garmin on PC @Bandage and hook it up to my watch then. I did it for the Slieve Felim Way @backinatracksuit, and I did miss on yellow man, but the watch sent off a beep to turn around.

2 Likes

I missed out on two turns last Saturday, you’ll see on my map where I had to double back, another couple of times I followed the map on my phone (from AllTrails) which I don’t think was right.

Didn’t know importing routes was possible. Thanks, will give that a go at some stage. Up to now have generally noticed someone else’s route that would suit me and just taken a mental note of it to try myself.

1 Like

I’d have hooked you up with the right one. I must get you on Strava for a follow and look at yours.

Like @Mac , my season closing out with a whimper. Twisted an ankle a few weeks ago on a tricky descent but back at it this week doing a little.

1 Like

Based on the watch on your Strava profile it mightn’t be possible for that watch type.

You can always create the routes on Strava and check them on your phone while running if needed as a workaround. A bit clunkier but handy if you want to go exploring.

I just assumed you could only create routes if you were a premium member. I should never have assumed.

Alphaflys are half price on Nike website for anyone that may be interested.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that mate.

Apart from @LionelRitchie

1 Like

I’ve also mentioned here before that Nike have a 60 days return, so you can actually go out and run in them and if not happy, they’ll give you your money back

1 Like

What are they?

The runners with the carbon plate that help you run faster.

Worth getting so?

I may be wrong, but I don’t think they last that long.
For racing, certainly, for training I’m not sure, but I’m running on Christmas morning with my cousin’s lad who works in running bear, so I’ll find out.

Only if you’re fast already, or planning to make a marathon or half PB.
The carbon plate is no more good to you after about 200k

1 Like

I wouldn’t make a hasty decision on the indoor soccer just yet. Far more enjoyable than running straight lines tbh. More of a social outlet too.

I think they’re definitely worth 5 seconds or so per km in a marathon. I wouldn’t be wearing them for every day runs and and just use them in races. As @backinatracksuit said the benefit of the carbon plate only lasts for 200k or so but can just use them for training after that.

There’s a good social crew forming for running around here at the moment but i see your point as well. The 5 a side is good craic but I’d usually just go straight out of the car to play it without bothering to warm up or stretch which is just a recipe for disaster. Won’t have to make a decision for a couple of months anyway.

Did an easyish strength class earlier with a few modifications to take pressure off the hip flexors and it was all good. I might dust off the spinning bike and reactivate the peleton virtual membership to have some yank roaring at me to go faster while everything is shut down between now and new year

6 Likes