Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Iā€™d need to do 40k this weekend to hit 300, think @fenwaypark is on a similar figure
I might do 25 but I donā€™t have the energy levels for 40

1 Like

Jaysus, I did 150 last April and it nearly killed me

Done, @Julio_Geordio, 103km for the month, will try and get out on Sunday to make it 110

7 Likes

@Big_Dan_Campbell think you were recommending a Brooks running shoe lately? Any links to offers? Are they comparable in size to other brands? Would my size 10 Adidas translate to size 10 Brooks?

I use Brooks. Great running shoe.

1 Like

Fair play to you, Fran.

1 Like

Sports Direct have them. You probably wonā€™t get cheaper than that but might not want to enrich Mike Ashley.

1 Like

Sizes are the same as others from what Iā€™ve found. My 10s are a good fit.

Got mine off elveryā€™s but not sure if their sale is still on

1 Like

Thanks lads.

Adidas running shoes are generally a small fit, you may prefer a 9.5 in Brooks.

What kind of shoe are you looking for? I might be an outlier but Iā€™m not gone on brooks , or Nike (except for streak) for running shoes.

Saucony are my brand of choice though obviously I have loads of pairs from different brands :flushed:

1 Like

I like the Brooks @Bandage

Iā€™m on the older model of these: https://www.therunhub.ie/Brooks-Ravenna-11-190340667374-44882/

Thereā€™s a bit of support in them which is handy for a plodder like me.

Running shoes are a very individual thing. Iā€™ve a relatively narrow but quite long foot (12-12.5) so I find it difficult to find things that work for me.

1 Like

Iā€™m on 80km for the month.

Iā€™ve 16km trail loop planned for the morning. If it goes to plan, Iā€™ll pass the 2000 metres elevation but just fall short on the 100km. I wouldnā€™t be too disappointed with that. I canā€™t push Xavier beyond the 16km at the moment. The route we are planning take is where he fucked his ankle a few months ago about a km in.

1 Like

Tell Xavier heā€™s a surrender monkey

Thereā€™s probably a time limit in how long we can be out for too. The Guards usually donā€™t bother setting up checkpoints til mid morning :grimacing::cowboy_hat_face:

Did 14, 12 and 14 this week.
Al was a bit sluggish this morning which pulled the group average down to 516 per km.
It transpires Al had 1and 1/2 bottles of red wine last night, and ā€œa few cansā€
Iā€™d have been in A&E :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Hoka are my favourite running shoes,but Iā€™m in Nike at the minute.

Ps Iā€™m going to try and find my watch charger today.

Predictably enough I didnā€™t stop at 4 but instead drifted into 7. But I suffered it anyway. 100km @Fran I wonā€™t be doing another step this month.
Now for sub 25 mins next month (and 14 beers tonight)

6 Likes

Have 4k left to do and planned to trot out and finish at pub doing takeaway pints but weather is too bad. Tomorrowā€™s another day

1 Like

Stick me into the intermediate there @caulifloweredneanderthal. Itā€™ll give me something to abuse @Thomas_Brady about and if itā€™s in anyway close at the end of the month I may challenge @Spidey to a live race on the beach on the 28th.

6 Likes