Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

6 Likes

I got out again today. Finishing on 2596m off 84km. Happy with that. There’s your target :grinning:

4 Likes

Had a miserable 7km in wind and rain.
Miserable

Well done @Julio_Geordio, do a few longer distances as well, you’ll really enjoy it

1 Like

Well done mate. I won’t make the elevation you’ve got anyway mate. I’ve 570m needed to make the cut off and my route is saying 603m :grimacing:

1 Like

When you’re coming back down from the summit, turn around and go back up just to be sure :smile:

I’ll be trying to get out of there before the shades turn up

1 Like

Not looking for any particular style, just need a new pair as my current ones are worn and saw some positive recommendations for Brooks.

You’ll be buying online one way or the other. Might be no harm to buy two different pairs of shoes and be prepared to send back the ones that don’t work out for you? Some of the places like Run Hub and Amphibian King might even chat to you over the phone and figure out what would work for you. I took a punt on the Brooks off Sportsshoes.com after asking a bit about them here and reading a bit online

1 Like

Some great results this month lads, well done. We’ll keep it lit for February

My window for today has shut, was hoping to get out this morning but I kept waiting for the rain to fuck off and it never did :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

Some great running there lads, fair play.

Were you out every day?

Except today,
the rain is stopping, i think I’ll give the kids a half an hour of Roblox and fuck off around the block, the missus is working.

I love an aul run in the rain. Get an awful smug feeling thinking of the lazy fuckers staying inside, once it’s not blowing a gale as well

1 Like

Its blowing a gale as well @Mac

I better stay in bed so

1 Like

I could run any sort of heat and humidity. I hate rain, wind and cold. Unfortunately we have the trifecta at the moment. Im finding the motivation to get out is very low

I don’t mind the rain usually but it was very heavy here this morning, my nipples haven’t fully recovered from a run in the rain during the week and it was too warm for a base layer

Just did about 4K to keep the streak going

1 Like

Theres a lot to be said for getting naked after a run and dripping cold natural yogurt on your nipples. Has to be natural yogurt though.

1 Like