Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I could never imagine doing 21 runs in a calendar month. Absolutely fair play to you

Serious going, well played.

Would ye be listening to headphones in the rain?

#wegoagain

Thatā€™s the thing about coming to the end of the month, another one starts right after it

12 Likes

Disgraceful scenes this morning. Decided to try to ā€œupā€ my pace to my 5km race target so was heading along at 5:35/km for 2.7km before getting a stitch. Walked from there to the 3km mark and then ran again but had to stop at around 3.7km. Walked for 100m, ran again but then gave up after around 4.2km, which was coincidentally outside the coffee shop. Got an Americano and a chocolate croissant, ate the croissant while walking back home with chocolate dripping out the side of it and onto my face. 4.2km in 26 minutes, that just wonā€™t do on Strava.

17 Likes

you got out and ran, more than I did!

Well done. Youā€™re 4.2km ahead of most for the month.

Iā€™m terrible at running when itā€™s humid. I donā€™t mind the cold. If itā€™s freezing, Iā€™ll hit trails and mountains if possible. Iā€™d wear shorts running in the snow.

1 Like

You lapped the couch

:grinning: Iā€™m in stitches myself reading that. It was all worth it for that delightful TFK vignette.

The croissant. :rofl:

1 Like

Back at it for February. This is nearly as much as I ran in February 2020, when things were at an all time low. Covered the watch today with a jacket sleeve, to run on feel. Keep it comfortable and steady and check the splits when I got home.

5 Likes

Itā€™s funny coz Bandage is overweightā€¦

You need to be accepting of people for who they are.

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m doing. The great thing is that if you run you feel better, tone your body and lose weight. Bandage is experiencing that but had a blip.

1 Like

Running isnā€™t great for weight loss reallyā€¦ unless you are putting in serious miles. Weights, or weighted exercises, are far, far superior. That said, neither are any good if youā€™re atin wrong.

2 Likes

I agree. Thatā€™s why I put it last on the list. I havenā€™t jumped up on the scales since Xmas but I know that Iā€™m closing my belt the buckel is going to where Iā€™d be at my usual summer weight when Iā€™m fit from cycling and running. Doing that in January/February, well Iā€™ve never done it before.

You canā€™t outrun your diet

3 Likes

If itā€™s any consolation, I can identify with the walk of shame after going full throttle.

Intervals

500m x 6
2 min rest
3:40 - 3:50 pace

11 Likes

You jogging for the rests? I tend to use my usual 5km loop with a bit tagged on for interval runs, 400 fast and 400 slowā€¦ Although 400 slow and 400 slower might be a more apt description at the moment. :grimacing: