Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Cc @Mac

Instagram must be listening. I got an ad for strydrunning that seems to do this and allows you measure wattage/power

1 Like

Sprints. Focus on form.

Built in wind detection. FFS sake!

If youā€™re not assessing youā€™re guessing.

Run out into the wind, run back with the wind on your back. Youā€™re only causing hardship doing it the other way around

Power measurement is where itā€™s at.

@Tassotti. Are lads seriously training without measuring their wattage.

new regime started today, all bread gone and porridge nowadays for brekkie.

running tights: yay or ghey?

3 Likes

Only in the bitterest of cold or wet

1 Like

Essential.
I got a pair last autumn and I could never imagine myself running without them now.
They make going out for a run in Winter so much easier.

2 Likes

Youā€™d be better served with a upper base layer than running tights.

If less than elite there is a real risk of looking like a bit of a kant. Like a fat lad in Lycra on a bike.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never ran in them. Shorts all year round for me. Ran the last few Sundays in snow showers with the shorts on and was plenty warm.

1 Like

I wear them, compression ones. My legs never seem as sore after.
Ran 7.5k with the young fella there this morning. He dug it out. Iā€™m delighted.
If itā€™s warm I donā€™t.

4 Likes

+1 Iā€™ve never used them and maybe they would be a gamechanger, but I canā€™t imagine needing them. Never feel the cold on my legs.

I have two pairs that are gathering dust, shorts all year round for me, but i do think that some people feel the cold way worse than others, Iā€™d never be cold out on a run even at below zero except for my hands which would be freezing

But generally we donā€™t get extreme cold in Ireland, though the weather thread might be worth checking out.

Whatā€™s a daycent pair? ā€¦ I get awful chaffing upper thigh area that ainā€™t good with psoriasis.

Yay, and no togs on over them. Be comfortable in your own skinā€¦

1 Like

Nike are what I have. They have good running gear.

1 Like

Iā€™m a shorts man all year round mesel. Long pants feel alien when I have to wear them.

Lululemon do a great pair of shorts with a built
In under short. Sort of like a Mark Walters look but colours are complimentary rather than contrasting.

1 Like

Menā€™s Running Underwear | Runderwearā„¢

You need proper underwear rather than tights if you have chafing on your thigh, if itā€™s below the underwear line then youd want to be putting some anti chafe gel on, that sounds shit to be honest