Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

27ā€™22 is the official time for @Bandage

1 Like

Shots fired

Agreed - he can easily start plateauing downwards from here.

Top top effort from @Bandage to get this competition really motoring, hoping to go for a FAST one later today myself.

1 Like

Yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss.

I told you I couldnā€™t unlock my phone screen.

1 Like

I always trusted you mate. Just needed to go through the verification process to silence the doubters.

1 Like

Will the leaderboard have appropriate use of asterisks for wind assisted and downhill times?

No.

Iā€™m rightly up for this nowā€¦ Iā€™ll show some random punter on the INTERNET whatā€™s what.

2 Likes

In that case I make just crack the 35 mins if I plan my route carefully

1 Like

I gave you a follow on Strava.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been talked into a semi race/ hard run tomorrow morning.
These 4 or 5 lads who will nearly all be sub 20. Hoping I donā€™t calve by trying to go too hard too early, but at the same time I donā€™t want to waste the opportunity of maybe running a good time.
I think for where I am at the moment Iā€™d be happy if I can get sub 21.
My last 5km was nearly 3 weeks and that was 22 mins even, and Iā€™ve done a few intervals, and mixed distance running since then.

5 Likes

Thank you, pal. As a newcomer to TFK Strava, I must say itā€™s an inspirational group. There is strength in numbers and I didnā€™t want to let you down this morning by posting 28+ minutes. I dare say, @Thomas_Brady will be suitably motivated now to get his butty little legs moving and to post a good time.

4 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Iā€™m looking out the office (bedroom) window here at the wind and sleety rain and was convincing myself to stay in tonight and play an extra game of dolly with my daughter ā€¦ But the gauntlet has been well and truly laid down now.

2 Likes

Went out for 7km at lunchtime today as I felt guilty for doing fuckall this week. The wind was ferocious. Ran down to a trail near the house thatā€™s usually a bit damp. The sea had overtaken it. All I could see was the top of the fence peering up over the water.

3 Likes

The rain I can handle, itā€™s the strong cold wind added to the rain thatā€™s a bitch. Monday night was glorious, a slight freezing wind in dry conditionsā€¦ Perfect conditions for lads with short stubby legs.

2 Likes

Looks like @Bandage will retain the yellow jerseyā€¦ I had a shocker. The wind and rain was horrific but no excuseā€¦ I upended myself about 400ms in , like a retard, stepping on grass to cross the roadā€¦ Went flying up and onto my hole. Back up and against the wind and rain again ā€¦ And I could feel the urge to piss come on. Lasted till near the 2k mark and had to stop and go. So between those two incidents I lost about 20 seconds and had strong wind and rain in my face for the last k. It was great to get out tho but with a time of 27.39, I have to kick a few wounds tonight (literally)

5 Likes

@Bandage mentally destroyed you akin to Tom Brady discombobulating a defensive back.

1 Like

Look, Iā€™m not turning this into a tit for tat. @Bandage is a great runner, Iā€™m a huge fan of his. But if you want to use a better analogy youā€™d liken today to a regular season win for Bando, with my slip and piss two big flags in his favour. But thems the breaks of intermediate level running. Iā€™ll go home tonight and study the tape and move on to the next roundā€¦

3 Likes

Fail to prepareā€¦