Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

@Thomas_Brady seems to have jumped off a cliff for his final km

Overall Iā€™d fancy @Thomas_Brady to win this battle. They are both fairly windy and constantly looking for excuses, but I think when push comes to shove that bit of Limerick grit will pull him through.

1 Like

That was strangeā€¦ I was actually going slightly up hillā€¦ It was from Hartys Quay up Rochestown road.

I think youā€™re probably right but I got great enjoyment out of today. I messed with his head. Messed with it good and proper. Thereā€™s psychology in getting out early and claiming the clubhouse lead. Seems @Thomas_Brady was looking out the window all day until he couldnā€™t stop himself from running in a rainstorm. Not only that but he proceeded to piss and shit himself during the run. Not only that but I can picture his butty little legs going ninety in that last kilometre trying to beat the target. Not only that but he still came up short. Ah lovely.

12 Likes

I find it impossible to separate TomĆ”s Brady from the butty legs now. Itā€™s like strawberries and cream. Well played.

Iā€™ll refrain from such nasty jibes and instead Iā€™ll do my talking on the field of play.

@Locke and his hill watching*

Iā€™ll be doing my usual downhill start if I get out this weekend

2 Likes

Yere an inspiring bunch. Lounging on the couch after a KCs Phily Steak and chips, like a 6ā€™2ā€ Buddha, I saw a near 70 odd posts sitting in this thread and the great effort that @Bandage had done, not to mention @Thomas_Brady rolling down Moneygourney Hill in order to get an average of 5:29 and beat a stranger off the INTERNET. Well I said fuck it, fuck the right ankle soreness and ta hell with the left calf strain, Iā€™m going out for a 5km run. Hadnā€™t run in a week so the Garmin isnā€™t right for elevation but the speed is right.

Iā€™ll log the time of 27:02 but will go again before the month is out.

Right, Iā€™m off for a foam roll, a shave, a shower and a wank - in that order.

7 Likes

Itā€™s great to see the intermediate lads setting the tone here.

This is like the Formula 1 qualifying. The Jordan cars currently in pole position but Eddie Irvine still hasnā€™t even sat into his Ferrari yet and Schumacher hasnā€™t even arrived at the track yet

9 Likes

Fair play, mate. A nice downhill route for you.

1 Like

@backinatracksuit - youā€™re being very kind staying quiet here after this morningā€™s effort

The first 2k were accidentally quite quick so I decided to push it a bit,

What are we looking at?

A cunt

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t like to steal his thunder.

A decent effort @backinatracksuit

It was 21:05 on tired legs

6 Likes

Ffs, the cat is out of the bag

1 Like

A little trickle of shit popped out there reading that didnā€™t it?

Taking a piss which you need badly enough to stop in a 5k race in twenty seconds is impossible. You werenā€™t running fast enough to warp the space time fabric like that cunt from Wexford (not @bandage , the other one)
Youā€™d barely have your knob out in twenty (20) seconds.