Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Youā€™re rightā€¦ It was probably 30 secondsā€¦ But lookit, I donā€™t want to take from @Bandageā€™s day. He deserves to feel good.

1 Like

Wexford v Limerick. @Thomas_Brady would want to watch his fingers.

20:26

21 Likes

You have so much untapped potential.

Ridiculous :clap:

Was that a club race or something @treatystones?

Unrale.

Up your bollix @backinatracksuit

1 Like

I feel pretty tapped now :grinning:

@Mac no just an unofficial running group. They run 5ks every 2nd Saturday morning and the odd match race for cash. That was my first time joining them.

There was a serious headwind. Behind me for first km, across me for next 3k and then head on for the last km. Was tough going.

2 Likes

Ooofftttt

Fair play. Makes a world of difference when youā€™re either chasing someone or keeping away from someone. Probably worth a good 20 seconds at your pace Iā€™d say

1 Like

Youā€™re proof that you can outrun your diet. :clap:

1 Like

Ya a huge help.
8 running and the "slowest " time was 21:18 and the quickest was 19:57 so fairly evenly bunched.

Let @fenwaypark and his family move in with you for 6 months and heā€™ll have you running 17 mins 5ks by the end of the summer

2 Likes

Looks like @treatystones has got in a bunch of African pacers to help him ā€œBreak 20ā€. Nike putting top dollar into this

4 Likes

If he did any structured training, I would get him sub 18 within 3 months.

4 Likes

By the look of the other lads itā€™s JP and not Nike who are funding it. Heā€™s trying to buy another trophy for Limerick. Sickening

2 Likes

I gave you a follow on strava.

1 Like

I havenā€™t ran yet

Iā€™m sure @TreatyStones can do much better than that

1 Like

Thatā€™s a phenomenal effort off his training. Looking at that time in context of training he has done, you are looking at someone capable of running low 16 mins.

Iā€™m not running today lads. Itā€™s a blizzard out there. Iā€™ll hit the trails tomorrow. Iā€™ve nothing done to prepare myself for the magical sub 23. Iā€™ll go out some day during the week and try it. And then give it another shot the following week when I inevitably come up short.