Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Same as that. Sticking to treadmill for weekend which is a bit of a cop out. Will aim for a first time next weekend and then again the weekend after.

Have you the treadmill long? I donā€™t think Iā€™d have the discipline for one. Have had snow the last 3/4 Sunday runs so itā€™ll be no different tomorrow

Id love a treadmill for the winter.

We got it at Xmas. Mrs Mac did severe ligament damage in October so it was partially for her recovery but also for walking on the days of severe bad weather with both of us working from home and needing a bit of movement to stay sane.

It breaks my heart doing more than 30 mins on it as itā€™s awful boring. But it seems helpful for speed work where I might struggle to push myself a bit.

3 Likes

I went out this morning and nearly blown away so didnā€™t even bother me hole thinking Iā€™d go for a run. Did a bit of trx and logged it. Handy to track the workouts too, never did it before but good to keep an eye on routines and that.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been out a nice bit since middle of January. 3 times a week, doing a mix of stuff so itā€™s not like I just rocked up and ran it. My last 5km was the 20th of January and that was 22 mins. So Iā€™d imagine the improvement is just in line with the training with Iā€™ve doing. While nice to hear, I think you are wildly over estimating my ability

Handy when you want a run and donā€™t need someone to mind the kids. But Iā€™d prefer to be outside all the time. But I couldnā€™t be dealing with the cold and the wind of the last week.

1 Like

Used to love TRX. Did it for about 3/4 years in Limerick. Kept injury free the whole time while doing it. Iā€™d love to get back into it. I donā€™t think Iā€™d have discipline to do much of it at home though

A lot of steamers posting here. Afraid of weather.

1 Like

16k at 515 average pace. -3 degrees

4 Likes

Whatā€™s TRX?

Iā€™m none the wiser.

The best gym type training I ever did. Uses your bodyā€™s weight as opposed to weights. Used to go to classes the whole time in Limerick. Think it was developed by navy seals. Really helps with your balance, flexibility, core strength, etc.

1 Like

So its basically pulling on big elastic things?
Never saw it before.

Itā€™s all about working your core and smaller muscles that attach to bigger onesā€¦ which are key to strength. I remember doing a session with cauli and for three days couldnā€™t bend my armsā€¦ the muscles at the very bottom of triceps, just above elbow, were absolutely bolloxed. I was never as stiffā€¦ Really isolates certain areas and works them while you balance, which in turn works your core.

How do you fit the buggy onto it?

2 Likes

Bought an extra long one

Ive looked at your training.

2 Likes