Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

You’re such a teacher :grinning:

1 Like

Could do better. C-

1 Like

Do Liverpool not have worse injury problems than any other team in any sport ever? Hardly a raging endorsement for trx.

5k done. No time to be logged. Dirty, dirty day out there. Turns out drinking beer and eating fancy cheese isnt good prep for a morning run…

4 Likes

This is from a lad I swim with. This run is hilly as fcuk

4 Likes

Step 1: create playlist

Step 2: Run *

*with a little help from the wind and hills…

18 Likes

Well done, great running,
are those all real PBs or are you new to Strava??

1 Like

Yeah outside of a month’s running in San Francisco in 2016 which ended in injury I’ve never really ran on the roads. Went through a phases of doing treadmill in the gym. Think my PB there was around 22minutes but always had sore knees after a few weeks of it so packed it in.

4 Likes

Fair play @alf_stewart

1 Like

Savage running :clap:

1 Like

Great run @alf_stewart

1 Like

Brilliant time mate.

1 Like

Savage playlist too. I don’t run with music but if it could get me that fast, I might start :joy:

1 Like

It’s a funny thing, I mentioned that run I did yesterday which turned out quite fast, I hadn’t meant to but I had a fanning fab 50 from 95 on my playlist and the first two songs were Freakscene and Kung fu (Ash), I accidentally went through the first 2k in 9 minutes and decided to push it at that stage
I usually listen to books but wasn’t in the mood

2 Likes

Couple of bangers there in fairness. Will have to sort out my earphones game for some road runs

1 Like

Jesus that’s unreal running for a lad who doesn’t run.

1 Like

Ah I’ve been trying to do a good bit since this thread started last year. Was very stop start though with lots of niggles. Have been following the advice of someone on here about getting lots of miles in the legs since Christmas without worrying too much about intensity. Think the 100k challenge last month did wonders.

3 Likes

@fenwaypark is currently scouring Strava to find you and critique your training methods

2 Likes

Music gets the heart rate going quicker

I think Fenners was one of the first to track me down. He’s some man to track down a man.

1 Like