Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Fair sledging going on now lads.

In fairness @Fran could have never brought that to the game despite being from Kilkenny

If ever there was an advertisement for a tiered GAA football championship then this is it.

6 Likes

The section from top of Clarkeā€™s hill to monastery road is a nice decline but itā€™s not even a k in distanceā€¦ Everything else is flat enough ffsā€¦

All the jealousy and envy , coming from my enemies.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to run that said same run, see what I can do.

3 Likes

Start at entrance to mount oval.

Take a shit on his doorstep

4 Likes

Iā€™ll park up in the car park, take it from there.

1 Like

I listened to music tonight cc @alf_stewart @TreatyStones

2 Likes

:smile:

Thatā€™s a serious marker set by @Thomas_Brady there. Itā€™s great what a bit of competition will do for you, Iā€™d say he was mad to beat @Bandage all day. Iā€™m bursting to get out here tonight and try and beat it but I was out last night. Iā€™ll do a few more prep runs before I give it a good lash

1 Like

@caulifloweredneanderthal you should do your 5km from the top of the Cooleyā€™s down the way the lads here are going

Is that Ben, Jerry and Derval on your Strava @Locke?

Ben & Jerry are getting big if so.

Yep, thatā€™s Ben & Jerry alright. 13 yrs old ffs! Sonya and Anna not there.

1 Like

13? Jaysus. Fine chaps, are they any good at the spud hockey?

To be honest @mac, my descents would be fairly slow at the moment. Most of the routes Iā€™m picking are taking in open mountains with limited/ no visible trails coming down, so Iā€™m taking it relatively handy. Some of the descents are fairly steep. If I hit a forestry fire road, I could clip down at a good pace alright, but even those routes have lost a bit of excitement for me.

1 Like

They play but they wonā€™t make it.

After 2 weekends away from the hills Iā€™m gagging for a bit of a climb or trail of some sort. At the end of January I was nearly sick of the same place. Funny how they get into your head like that. Might get out on Monday

4 Likes

I think my best run last summer was 25.50 so good to see Iā€™m getting back near that territory in the space of only 3 weeks.

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: