Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Yeah, every route Iā€™ve taken the last few months has incorporated some new territory. To be honest Iā€™m using it as a way of exploring, getting some exercise in in the process.

1 Like

Is there an alcoholic version of that? When i was in oz I remember Bundy and coke being a thing.

Donā€™t think thereā€™s any alcoholic ones in the Bundy range. :thinking: Went through an amount of them in NZ.

Thatā€™s bundaberg rum, massive in Queensland, I did a tour of the distillery (or whatever itā€™s called) thereā€™s not much else to do in Bundaberg

The ginger beer is the nicest drink around

2 Likes

Pretty sure I was in Bundaberg, I think its like a central place to go before heading out fruit picking?

Dunno, I never did that lark.

we drove the entire east coast from Sydney to Cape Tribulation with a cheap rental car and a two man tent. Bundaberg wasnā€™t memorable but i recall going on that tour

1 Like

4 miles. 6 min km pace. Out with 3 lads, one of whom is doing a bizarre hour challenge thing. 4miles every 4 hours since 3pm Friday. Mad bastard. Most exciting part was when I nearly went on my face on a dodgy piece of path.

7 Likes

Youā€™d be saved in Oz

:slightly_smiling_face:

I did similar Friday. Stepped onto a patch of grass and landed on my holeā€¦ A quick look around to see if anyone saw, put on a big smile to cover myself as if to say haha that was funnyā€¦

1 Like

25.21 for this mornings 5k. Still in the relegation zone. Although running on an exposed sea road in a gale wasnā€™t really helpful for me hitting a fast time. I got absolutely soaked and it wasnā€™t raining.

We go again.

11 Likes

Youā€™ll take at least a minute off that in better conditions

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard of that challenge. Itā€™s a fucking tough one.

Up to about 1500m elevation for the month already @mac :relaxed:

2 Likes

It was bizarre how fresh he looked this morning. Iā€™d be fucked from the lack of sleep alone. Heā€™s not even a very fit type, just a stubborn bastard really.

We might try a mini TFK version of it in April :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I rode up the alpe dhuez on zwift in 80 mins and just about threw up on the wattbike.
God be with the days when I could actually ride up it real life in under 70 fairly comfortably.
:face_vomiting:

Does the resistance on the Watt bike reflect the gradient?

This runs through the night?

It does.
I waited for the new one which is electromagnetic. The older version apparently just dropped a brake onto the drivechain.

1 Like

Yes. He went 3pm, 7pm, 11pm, 3am, 7am 11am from Friday afternoon til his last one at 11am this morning. Wasnt even for charity. Bit nuts really. But heā€™s done it now fair fucks to him. 48 miles in 48hours.

2 Likes