Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I’ve been running slow 3km most days this month to build my base.

1 Like

@caulifloweredneanderthal, on this point about not showing your hand, can one submit a run at 11.59pm on 28 February in the spirit of the clergy rigging TFK votes late on?

1 Like

Let’s try and keep it civil from now on, it’s difficult enough for @Bandage to see us posting our runs from our affluent neighbourhoods while he spends his time dodging scumbags in Coolock

2 Likes

Says the man who stopped for 10 seconds mid run and took it off his time…

Weren’t you dipping in and out of Sallynoggin?

It’s like transfer deadline mate. As long as the run has been completed by midnight and the deal sheet complete, we will allow faxes until the wee hours of March 1st.

2 Likes

Added it onto my time…

26.6 this week

5 Likes

And a bit short cc @Fran

:angry:

6 Likes

Ooooffffftttt

FFS sake. The ‘Noggin is tougher than Coolock.

:smile:

The ‘Noggin will soon be taken over by hippies and hipsters

@fenwaypark what would you recommend as a training plan for the next two weeks to try to knock 30 seconds off the 5k time?

1 Like

You are not going to knock much off it in two weeks. Do intervals and a tempo once a week. One long run and any other runs very easy. Honestly, its not complicated.

This week do 8× 400 off 2 mins. Do a tempo of 20 mins.

2 Likes

23:05 or thereabouts. A gale of a headwind on the steepest climb forced me to a walk at one stage. Virtual run on this route this week so will attempt it a few more times.

cc @locke for the elevation check

12 Likes

Can we get an updated table @caulifloweredneanderthal?

Sound. That was pretty much the plan I’ve been doing based on your previous advice.
Will do the intervals Wednesday, handy run Friday and then a tempo on the weekend.

I’d be hoping better weather conditions would help cut a chunk off it. The lads that ran with me, were all around 30sec slow based on previous times for the same run.

Next week do some hills instead of intervals. 7 x 30 secs and jog down for recovery.

@treatystones if you were bothered, here’s a 6 week sub 20 training plan. Someone got it for me but I think they must not understand how slow I am :smile:

2 Likes