Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

How do you mean tempo? Takes me around 26-27 currently for a 5k. So what would a tempo run look like for me with an aim of getting below 26ā€¦ Running at that speed for a shorter run?

My understanding of a tempo is that itā€™s about 25 seconds slower than your target pace, but you run for a period of time (e.g. 20 mins) as opposed to over a set distance. e.g. if you were targeting 5mins per km, you would run it at 5:25 pace.

1 Like

ah lovely, ill get the missus to drop me to the top of newtownpark avenue and run into DL from there.

CC @Fran

1 Like

Hereā€™s the times Iā€™ve logged so far (obviously ye can try as many times as ye want) and the categories that all of you indicated you wanted to be in at the start of the challenge (@Mac I couldnā€™t find a declaration from you so stuck you in Senior B, and @alf_stewart, what the fuck were you thinking?). If anyone or anytime is left out, please notify me.

R indicates relegation
P indicates promotion

7 Likes

Iā€™m back in training. I aim to go 26:30 before the end of the month. I did a couple of ā€œfastā€ kms there, mixed with shorter fartlek type stuff. Itā€™s from the plan the dearly departed @caoimhaoin gave me back in 2015. I got accosted in St Anneā€™s Park Rose Garden by an auld wan, presumably for running on the wide path there and upsetting her bush viewing activity.

4 Likes

Is there any way you can lend that 0.05km to @Fran on strava?

3 nuns were walking through a park one day when a flasher emerged from the bushes, waving his mickey and frightened them before running off. The first nun got a stroke. The other two werenā€™t close enough.

1 Like

Hmm
That training plan assumes a lot.

This explains it better I could

1 Like

Iā€™ll be waiting at Newpark to run you down

1 Like

Youā€™ll be waiting at the finishing line tooā€¦

Edit: reading back you want to kill him, not run against him. Carry on

2 Likes

:smiley:

Surely @alf_stewart should be automatically recategorised?

Happy to do that

This will have to go before a special sitting of the committee

CC @Locke

enjoy your wait, i turn right at the garage

Iā€™m missing from the senior list, in post 654 I declared I was in

2 Likes

Lovely. I will add you to the file and look forward to receiving your time. You had a few DNFs in the summer so hopefully you are back on form these days

1 Like

Weā€™ll discuss it on the weekly Teams call.
cc @Mac

1 Like

When are you doing ā€˜my runā€™ ? Iā€™ll be out with flags and offerings of water