Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

7 Likes

@Bandage, give us a wave . Bandage, Bandage give us a wave

1 Like

Whenever I finish taking a piss in your flowerbed

2 Likes

He’ll hardly be able to accept a bottle of water while careering out of control down a 35m hill.

1 Like

No, at the bottom.

A light , non competitive , 3.5 k tonight to keep the legs ticking over. They were tired after Saturdays exploits.

1 Like

Lob @alf_stewart into the Senior B ta fuck, I’d be happy with that time myself this month!

Small bit faster but seriously not feeling it. Need to get out more to up the speed.
Flat track, a bit breezy.

3 Likes

@Fran is getting all technical these days on his runs. The cunt is going on about tempo and intervals. The state of the Vegas head on him!

1 Like

Lads, someone remind me how to do tempo runs again. Say I have a target 5k pace of between 22 and 22:30. What would be the right tempo pace and for how long? Half an hour at 5 min/km pace?

@Mac

Just the 7/8 posts to scroll up

Cheers bud. Still don’t think I’m any further enlightened as I’ve no idea what my marathon pace would be

Ask yourself are you training for a 5k in ten days or have you a longer term goal?
Easy runs of 30 minutes wont help you a lot now in either case.
Try running for an hour at that 5:30 pace, that’s be more tempo

1 Like

I’d say warm up and then run your desired pace for 15 mins. Then have a 5 minute warm down…

The idea is to get your body used to a certain tempo… The article above is aimed at half/full marathon where lads are out doing long runs. The author suggests getting your body used to race pace by doing about a quarter or so of your distance at race pace … Not sure how it translates to 5k but I’m sure you’ll think of something buddy.

28:15 post weekend blow out.

6 Likes

As the person with fastest time in the senior comp I think I’m best placed to advise.
I think you need to run at 4:25 pace to do a 5km in 22 mins.
So I would suggest for your next run, do a 1km/5min warm up at a very handy pace, then run at 4:40 pace for 15 or 20 mins. So you aren’t running balls out, but you are running at a good pace for that length time. Then another 1km for a cool down.

2 Likes

It’s slower I’m getting

1 Like

That looks good. Might warm up for a little longer though.

2 Likes

Forgot to log this at the start of Feb. Heading out now to see can I better it.

10 Likes