Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Right so, just go out and run. Got it.

Senior B here I come

14 Likes

What Iā€™ve found since joining TFK Strava group is that Iā€™m loathe to let my running role models like @fenwaypark and @Fran down. So what I do when I blow up, get a cramp or just abandon a run in a fit of pique is give it some pissy title. In this way, I pretend I was doing intervals and fully intended to settle into a walk. For example, ā€œ2.5km run at 5ā€™20 followed by intervals: 400m running & 200m walkingā€.

13 Likes

And you managed to burn less calories running at a faster pace :man_shrugging:

Great pace

I did that for the first time last night, before that it was always ā€œafternoon/morning/evening runā€. I feel now that Iā€™ve reached a level where I can individually title each run to make it look like Iā€™m real serious about my fitness

1 Like

Disclaimer: I took a brief stoppage at the halfway point for some stretching whilst stopping the clock.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve lost a few pounds this month and updated the app so thatā€™s why that is. Donā€™t think Strava is anyway accurate for calories anyway.

running anywhere near arthur griffith would do wonders for anyones pace

Haha, thatā€™s the good side.

:astonished:

If you paced it better, you would have gone quicker. That comes with racing.

@Wexford1996 sizzling

2 Likes

Ah yeah, donā€™t generally do 5kmā€™s. What would your advice be. Would love to get under the 21 mins.

You will easily do that. Do some interval training and a tempo once a week.

1 Like

Fuckin hell.

Felt much better tonight, was a perfect night for running which helped. Was just one other guy and myself and decided after 7k that weā€™d keep going and do 10k. I was hanging on last week but was setting the pace tonight as he had tired legs.

6 Likes

What direction do ye run that route?

Hi @Fran

I couldnā€™t keep up with you!

Started at the estate just below the Russian embassy on Orwell Road and headed up towards Churchtown. Climbing for the first K or so. The paths are narrow in places and need to cross over a couple of times. It was grand tonight as it was quiet and no traffic but would be a bit dodgy if it was any busier. The section down Braemor Road is great, wide paths and downhill. Loop is just over 3K. Last week was first week Iā€™d ran it. Think Iā€™d prefer the loop Iā€™ve been doing around Rathfarnham. Definitely safer if there was traffic about.

1 Like