Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I know both. Good tests.

Looking at your times, unrale lad! I could only dream of that kind of pace. You have a partner to run with that helps. Like the time I ran with Fenners, slowed him right down so I didā€¦

4 Likes

FOGRA:

@caulifloweredneanderthal is not in the TFK Athletes group on Strava even though he is on Strava. Please sort this out before COB today, thanks.

I took up running in 2012 and have been running fairly consistently since then. Iā€™'m in a club so nearly all of my hard runs would be with others which definitely helps a lot. Most of my best times would be from 2015/2016 but if I got another few decent months in I donā€™t think Iā€™d be far off some of them. Itā€™s all relative though. Thereā€™s lads well into their 50s that I canā€™t keep up with.
Getting out and getting a bit of exercise is the main benefit of it. This thread is great if in that it motivates a few people to get out when they otherwise mightnā€™t be doing anything.

10 Likes

Iā€™m not joining it mate. I donā€™t need my loyal band of Strava followers becoming aware of TFK and the shite I post here.

3 Likes

Youā€™re worse than Peter denying he knew Jesusā€¦

3 Likes

But he denied, saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and @Locke crew.

1 Like

How could anybody be ashamed or embarrassed by TFK?

Iā€™m ashamed by myself on a daily basis.

They simply couldnā€™t.

Iā€™m sorry I ever introduced you to the place.

Here are the current times I have lads. Anyone missing?

Iā€™ve decided against regrading people retrospectively. I think in the interest of fairness, you stay in the grade you selected to run in. This works both ways. Promotion and relegation are there to serve those who excel and fail. Appeals can be sent to the competition secretary @locke in writing.

I love the place mate. Itā€™s a part of my everyday life.

An awful amount of shadow boxing in the senior leaguesā€¦ a few lads need to log times to get things going. Tis a bit of craic too.

@Fat_Pox and @Gavrilo-Princip are acting the bollix.

I havenā€™t ran a 5km this month. Thereā€™s a lad from home up doing some work so Iā€™m hitting a few trails with him tomorrow night and a few more trails Sunday with the French lad. Iā€™ll have to just go for it next week at some stage and see what happens. Sub 25 seems a stretch, not to mind sub 23 at the moment for me.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no competition in the senior league, thereā€™s a big gap between the top 2 and the rest, although Iā€™m sure that @Tassotti could bang out 15 minutes if he had to.

Youā€™ll be fineā€¦ A couple of 15 minute runs at pace will set you upā€¦ I can see you going 22.54

Pick on one of the other bastards and go to town on him.

Iā€™ll set up a poll for the March 10km. We might combine some of the divisions and make just Senior, Intermediate, Junior. Motions will be accepted from the floor.

1 Like