Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Attempted the same 5k route just now but from a different start point. Big rookie error for me as I raced down a big decline at the start and bottomed myself out after 2.5k.

Weā€™ll go again at the weekend

4 Likes

You got the fractions badly wrong therešŸ˜‚

Must check if you gave the run a nice title on Strava.

@caulifloweredneanderthal, Iā€™m sure the likes of Big @Phil_Leotardo was involved in the summer run series. You may be missing a few.

Iā€™ve to run 5km at some stage between Thursday and Saturday for Operation Transformation. Iā€™ll try to beat my time from last week. Go Team Hazel!

1 Like

Iā€™m nursing a knee injury :cry: hoping Iā€™ll be able to get back and get a time in next week, but Iā€™d say Iā€™m looking at relegation

1 Like

Like a 200/1 shot in a maiden with a bad apprentice onboard

1 Like

Get yourself right for the march one

1 Like

A non competitive 4k there at around race tempoā€¦ I didnā€™t look at the watch once, just ran till the 4th beepā€¦ Will do the next time as Iā€™d like to keep a consistent pace. I probably wonā€™t run a full five again until near the end of the monthā€¦ Will do 4s at race tempo and Iā€™m gonna start doing longer runs with the 10k in mind. Might try 7k this Saturdayā€¦ Try get an interval run in also.

3 Likes

You were bursting it there at the end, going by the HR?

Good going mate. I did that recently for a run. Covered the watch and just ran

Yeah just went for it for the last kā€¦ I donā€™t know how some of you bastards run at the times you doā€¦ Old age and my Samoan physique just isnā€™t up to short runs at pace

Iā€™d say thatā€™s a lovely run

1 Like

You went off like a motherfucker

Running at 4min/km is pretty much full tilt for me. Some lads here do 5km at that pace :sweat:

Sick bastards.

Thatā€™s how you do a 5k, go off fast and hang on for dear life, make the hill the middle of the run when youā€™re starting to feel it

2 Likes

You have to be able for that pace though

1 Like

The starting point for todayā€™s route should have had the downhill as the start of kilometre 4 which is lovely. But thereā€™s a fucker of a drag for about a mile right in the middle. Iā€™ll either do it again with a different starting point on Friday or Saturday or just go for a different flatter route.

1 Like

They say if you are running for time you want as flat a route as possible.

Or all downhill!

It is. Under the cover of trees for nearly 3km of it. Narrow paths means you are often dodging other people out walkingā€¦only 10 mins walk from the front door. Great place for kids.

4 Likes

The 5k is all about heart.
If you go off fast youā€™ll give yourself the best chance of setting a PB, youā€™ll slow obviously but the quick start will stand to you and put you in the rhythm you want to be in,
You might blow up but what harm

2 Likes