Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I’ve a lovely flat course picked out so I have… My run today has a few long slight inclines that really fuck with your rhythm… I’ll do a few runs on that and the flat will be a doddle then…

I hope that’s how it works.

1 Like

Like most running it’s as much head as body. I ran down the main st across multiple crossings with cars at lunchtime. Stupid on reflection as I was stopping and starting like an eejit. Once I turned off it I knew the head was gone and just gave up.

Made a clane bollix of this last weekend as mentioned on here. Went out on the Saturday in a gale going in the opposite direction to my usual route and nearly expired going up a steep hill agin the wind, as can be seen from lap 4:

Did a 6 X 400 interval run yesterday and a few of those were low 3.40s so feeling a little bit better about myself. Targeting Friday this week for another attempt.

1 Like

Did 6 x 500 today. I had planned to do 8 of them, but a combination of stupid excuses saw me quit after the 6. Was a bit annoyed with myself afterwards.

1 Like

You were doing these a tad quick.

I disagree totally with that to be honest. Regardless of distance, its about pacing correctly.

I know. I find it a hard stretch to pace myself, as there is a dip in the middle. I might just try it on the road next week. I was mentally weak too, I should have pushed on for the 8 regardless.

1 Like

Exactly. Have to be able to hold that pace for 5k. If you cant, you will die a death.

1 Like

Anytime I give up on a objective for a run (which is rare these days happens) I am disgusted with myself afterwards. Even if you jogged whatever was left it would be better.

That’s what I do anyway, any advice I give can be taken with a pinch of salt, I don’t have a clue what I’m doing, my 5k pace is me running pretty close to my top speed

4 Likes

So after making a balls of the timing on Monday night I had another pop at it there tonight.

Dirty evening for it but not too bad once you get going.

I’ll give it another few attempts before the month is out to see if I can break 20.

19 Likes

Lads like @Gavrilo-Princip running at altitude and us lads here in Cork at sea level. This was never taken into account.

2 Likes

Savage running :clap:

1 Like

Great stuff! Get a flat route and you’ll do it easily.

1 Like

I can’t find my watch charging cable :flushed:

8 Likes

I had a mini heart attack there as I thought you were intermediate…

2 Likes

Probably should be! I overestimated my fitness levels I think. Will readjust for March. Good craic all the same!

Some of ye cunts must be cycling the 5k ffs

@backinatracksuit they’ve tarred the baggot estate all around the loop