Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I presume thatā€™s from a watch and not exactly accurate but still, Iā€™d say he was looking at the watch every few seconds for the last 500m sucking air and spitting out snot.

Tremendous sense of camaraderie and community here watching all the times being posted up. Itā€™s like Ryder Cup Singles Sunday when youā€™ve finished your match and gather at the back of the 18th green to support your comrades as they finish up. TFK! TFK! TFK!

6 Likes

The watches arenā€™t as accurate as the chest straps AFAIK

A bit of competition drives fellas demented. Itā€™s great.
Iā€™d say a lot of lads here would never let their child win a game.

2 Likes

WhenI turned onto the Dock road I predicted that I had to make it to Oā€™Curry street, I barely looked at the watch,
I was more worried about my headphones, the left one kept falling out during ā€˜there is a light that never goes outā€™

My last K was my fastest as well,

Iā€™m going out hitting it hard this evening after the shock of this morning. Iā€™ll do 6 x 400. You simply canā€™t rest on your laurels on TFK.

Youā€™ve sent shockwaves through the intermediate ranks this morningā€¦ @Juhniallio, @TheUlteriorMotive and @Spidey thought theyā€™d ramble up and at worst beat you handily. Youā€™ve laid down the gauntlet and thrown a marker here.

1 Like

When I woke this morning there was 34 unread messages on this thread, so I said Iā€™d do a run before the wknd just to keep ticking over. Teams meeting at 9.30 and had to get kids sorted, so was planning on 2k down and back. But my 2k was well on pace for doing the 25 min 5k, so I said fuck the meeting, getting kudos on tfk was more important. I struggled badly on the last k. I knew it was going to be tight so with 300m left I just went for it. And barely got it, 4 seconds to spare. Only the third time Iā€™ve ever ran under 25mins for a 5k, so glad to get it when I hadnā€™t intended to.

15 Likes

This is so true.

Not everyone has that competitor spirit in them, nothing to be ashamed of at all. Iā€™m sure youā€™re good at lots of things.

The snarly Mac would make a joke of your typo but instead Iā€™ll say fair play on breaking 25 again, great running :clap:

1 Like

ha, yes, my brain is still mush after it.

@Bandage @RaymondCrotty thatā€™s me that gave ye a follow this morning chaps.

1 Like

Thanks pal. Iā€™m about to do a bit of a workout and needed some inspiration. A half lakota with stumpy legs crying is my motivation today.

Good luck. Donā€™t hold anything back when youā€™re running. You can always recover with a ā€œnight swimā€ later on.

Whatever it takes broā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ll hopefully see you for the 2022 edition so :open_mouth:

1 Like

I reckon this one will go ahead

Thereā€™s a distance challenge thing happening with work and I was asked the question about the ratio between cycling distance and running distance. I always thought it was 6:1 but looking it up on the INTERNET they are saying 3.5:1 or 4:1. What should I go with? I donā€™t want to look like a bigger clown in front of my peers. Thanks.