Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

@Thomas_Brady and @Bandage both replying within 5 minutes! Yizzer on tenterhooks lads, refreshing this thread every 5 mins. Youā€™ll be burnt out with the nervous energy and will have nothing left when you need it in the last few days.

1 Like

fucksake flatty, just buy a new one, i posted the link for you

I bought one last night. Hasnā€™t arrived yet.
I know fucking well Iā€™ll find the other one as soon as it does.

2 Likes

at least youll have 2 then!

Your workout is my warm up.

5 Likes

oooft

1 Like

Emotions are just starting to heat up here, will be heading towards boiling point in about a week or so. As usual the lower divisions providing most of the entertainment and you can picture @Fran / @Thomas_Brady frantically refreshing their Strava App every morning to check if @Gman / @Bandage (respectively) has posted a new run to best their own.

The seniors and senior Bs will start to come put of the woodwork in the last few days of the month accompanied by plenty of backslapping and very little vitriol claiming that they have done ā€œnothing since Christmasā€ and that they ā€œcompletely forgot about this until todayā€.

@caulifloweredneanderthal, can you please post the leaderboard including updates on the first post of the thread

@Rocko can you please make this a sticky, this is box office

5 Likes

5:1 was the TFK guide. A marathon roughly the same as a 200km cycle.

1 Like

Iā€™m strongly considering being a lazy fuck so Iā€™ll get relegated down to join where all the craic is

2 Likes

Iā€™m running out of days to make 5k by end Feb. On track to get there by mid March

12 Likes

Fair play kidā€¦

1 Like

Patronising Post Alert

Keep at it mate, youā€™ll get there.

3 Likes

Do some HITT ā€¦ Fast for 200m then recover for the next 200mā€¦ Or do 2.5k fast a couple of runs. Mix it upā€¦ I bet youā€™ll find after doing shorter faster runs youā€™ll get into a nice rhythm when going back to your 5k

1 Like

Iā€™m following the regime laid out by an app. Increasing your running time to 20, 22, 25 mins etc. Nine more runs left til completion.

Fuck the app. Iā€™m telling you what the experts on here told meā€¦

thereā€™s me struggling to do my 25min 5k, good friend of mine set a personal best for his 5k today then, 16.22. Fucking hell like. He ran 5k to the athletics track in UL as his warm up before doing it.

1 Like

Running is like life - the only person you are really racing is yourself.

And @Thomas_Brady and @Bandage

9 Likes

Is or was he a professional athlete? Thatā€™s some fucked up shit.

Iā€™d doubt it.

Thereā€™s a lad up here Iā€™d know who is one of the strongest mountain ultra runners in the country. He wouldnā€™t be doing much on the road, but did a 16ā€™20ish 5km in the Carlingford 5k a few summers ago. He was 25th. 24 lads faster than that in a local meet

1 Like

Thatā€™s nuts ā€¦ But these lads are at it years I suppose and not a few auld fellas jumping up off the couch to look good on the internet.