Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Marginal gains but still in relegation zone.

9 Likes

No offence mate but that looks like the most boring run imaginable. What would you give for a Porto-Malahide and back dodging/pan handling all the dry-robers?

Warm weather/high humidity training here=I’ll be flying when I return to Fingal after covid in 2030.

7 Likes

4:59 pace should have you sub 25? You ran an extra 80 metres

1 Like

Is he trying to break 23 minutes cc @RaymondCrotty?

There’s a life lesson here for us all. Don’t set ambitious goals or challenging targets; stay in your comfort zone. That’s what I do.

1 Like

Nope he’s Premier Intermediate

These splits suggest approx 24’54 @RaymondCrotty

2 Likes

I stand corrected.

Well done @RaymondCrotty.

1830m for monthly elevation so far @Mac :smiley:

Savage going. That route yesterday looked fairly tasty for a short one.

Twas mainly up and down mtb trails. Need a stronger head torch for running in the dark

Stewards Enquiry
24’56 is the time on Strava that @raymondcrotty hits the 5km mark. He’s staying up.

4 Likes

Crotty, Crotty, Crotty

2 Likes

Gauntlet thrown down by Crotts. Going to be a monumental effort to stay up this time round. Going to have to put the effort in (and find a long enough downhill) to beat that time.

2 Likes

Can you stick the updated table in the first post please!

down patricks hill and along the quays

1 Like

I did a 27’31 “tempo run” this morning. I’ll have one more crack at beating the 26’33 time I posted yesterday before the end of the month.

6 Likes

All jokes aside, running down steep hills is not easy. I went down Donnybrook hill the other day and you find yourself holding back a bit.

I think it’s going to be like cycling, a flat track with the wind at your back. I would say Harty’s Quay down towards Passage like what @Thomas_Brady did the other day would be the best. Prevailing winds are southwesterly and it’s pan flat.

2 Likes

Agree… Running down that mucky pothole filled hill through Garryduff is awkward as fuck. Flat is the way to go.

I hope you’re making your own electrolyte drinks at home?

Lemon, salt, honey in water is fine.

The Cork lads are trying to eke out every possible marginal gain. They’re like their hurling team from 1999-2006 or the Sky Cycling Team.