Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

its not too bad at the start of a run, but if you do it at the end of a run when the legs are a bit wobbly, theres a good chance you’ll end up going arse over tit.

but ive scoped a downhill and a flat run 5k, if all goes well i might even share the route with @Fran

1 Like

Marginal gains and all of that. We’ll take anything that helps!

cc the Cork participants to the 2021 Run Challenge

so what exactly was in that jiffy bag delivered to @Thomas_Brady

I can’t edit the first post. Is it because it’s up for a couple of months? @Rocko @Bandage

2 Likes

I can’t see why you wouldn’t be able to edit it. It’s a mystery.

A lovely back handed swipe at @Thomas_Brady

1 Like

As a very experienced cross country runner (u14 - Mosney), we were always told that going downhill and being in control of that was the most important part of the race.

You were lied to.

1 Like

Ps I’m hoping my suunto charger will have arrived by close of play today.

1 Like

if it doesnt im going to have to start a "the saga of flattys suunto charger " thread

Hopefully you’ll stop fucking going on about then.

4 Likes

Leading the 400 dash on a cubs retreat, as we entered onto a little down hill section on the home straight the fools behind trying to catch me were running out of control and one tripped bringing the leading group of us down. The useless less athletic bastards sauntered home for the win… I still believe one of the cunts behind ankle tapped me.

1 Like

I ordered it on Amazon prime with a delivery date today, but I haven’t as yet had a text or email saying it’s been left out on the street by a tree.

if you put as much effort into the running as you do the excuses, you’d be leaving @Wexford1996 in your wake

Running downhill is a skill, much more likely to cause injury,
Most people will be braking the whole way down landing on the back of the heels, running freely is absolute lunacy though, unless you’re chasing a time on TFK obviously

1 Like

Still not arrived

Stick to the walking thread you.

the minute lockdown finishes and im in cork again, ill do your route and make a show of you

You’ll do nothin.

Which route is that pal, the downhill, flat or slight incline?

@Thomas_Brady is like a cornered rat here

2 Likes