Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Gamechanger

1 Like

That’s when I’m at my best. I need the detractors to come at me … They all wrote me off so they did. I showed em all so I did. I loves me running.

1 Like

When you find a relatively decent runnable trail, there’s no nicer feeling than letting go on a downhill. But you always got to be looking 20 metres ahead.

I’ve you down for an all shtar

1 Like

Lads like @Fran who have nothing but their little place on the TFK running league are threatened, and lashing out right and left like a wounded tinker.

2 Likes

It’s funny because it’s true :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

As a very young chap, I was entered into the Garda sports day in Limerick. I’d say I was 6 or 7. There was a race (I’m guessing 60 metres). I was in the lead at the halfway point, when I spotted my Dad and stopped for a chat. If he had waited at the finish line instead, I would have won and it no doubt would have kickstarted an illustrious running career. Instead, I was washed up within a few years.

1 Like

Any chance of you stop fucking around going up hills and put a time on the record?

Tipp cunt.

2 Likes

Fine margins can decide a life…I still day dream about winning that 400 dash and the lavish lifestyle that I should have had .

1 Like

I’d say I’ll wait til the 28th to try it out. Give it one good shot.

A young Tom might have been the man to stop Michael Johnson in Sydney in 2000.

If you have the route sorted in your head then it’s all down to weather. I said I’d put a time in and then try and better it. You don’t know what will happen on the day.

Do all who don’t put a time in get automatically relegated? Or at least are the first to go down?

Bang on… My South Pacific Islander physique didn’t develop till around 2003… I could have been a contender.

I’ll get out again Sunday. Sunday is a day for the hills. Tuesday of next week I might have an opening. If I can try it then, I will. I did the summer 5km in the pissing rain.

1 Like

I’m half thinking of doing it today. It’s lashing out but that’s okay, all about the wind. The thoughts of turning round in Passage and jogging the 7k back home is a dose though. Might get herself to come down and pick me up.

Would you not just turn around at 2.5k and run back? You’ll only lose a second on the clock.

And go back into the prevailing wind? No way pal. I’m in the relegation spot, need to pull out all the marginal gains I can get.

1 Like

The wind factor is marginal… If you start at Hartys Quay and go up Roco road then onto the greenway there’s little wind. You’ll have that on the return also.

1 Like

i still have nightmares about the leinster schools steeplechase 5k in 91 when fuckacting and hubris on the water jump cost me dearly

We’ve the makings of a great documentary here.