Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I think Netflix already made the series. It was called ā€˜LOSERSā€™

@caulifloweredneanderthal put me down for relegation itā€™s turns out Iā€™ve only one speed, slow. Iā€™d say you could relegate me two tiers while you are at it.
I was doing about 27-27.30 last month without killing myself and thought Iā€™d a bit in the tank to get closer to 26. But when I turned on the GPS to give the forum a fully validated time it turned out my 5k route which was bang on 5k according to previous efforts is actually only 4.7k or so and seems to be consistently so. That extra 300m has eaten up any gains I felt I had in the tank. Iā€™m best time 28ā€ 10 for the month.
I tried going faster there and just blew up and limped home around the 30 minute mark :joy:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a real kick in the teeth for the forum heading into the weekend. We had a glut of good news stories and lads giving it big licks yesterday before Mick Martinā€™s interview with the mirrorā€¦ We were indifferent to the leaking of potentially extending restrictions for another 9 weeks but youā€™ve gone and thrown us into a spiral here.
Weā€™ll need a @TreatyStones special to right the ship.

1 Like

Someone has to play the Sheffield United role

1 Like

You still have 9 days to meet your new target: 26ā€™30. This splits the difference between Premier Intermediate and Intermediate.

1 Like

Limerick is too flat. Iā€™ll need to drive to the top of a hill somewhere

Talk to @Mac, @Fran and @Thomas_Brady for tips on this method of getting good running times.

try running round ballinacurra with a ā€œfuck the dundonsā€ T shirt, should do wonders for you time

Says the fucker running down Maryborogh hill :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Shots fired :gun:

2 Likes

Go out to Cratloe. Walk up a hill and run down out. Job is oxo.

That thought had already crossed my mind :smiley: Iā€™d have to pause it and walk back up again though. Be easier go for a cycle

Ahemā€¦

@Locke - this was your summer 5km effort where you started on a big downhill and subsequently blew up

1 Like

all the essentials of a good TFK time

good runners:
good wearable
big fuck off hill

2 Likes

Was there any wind at his back?

1 Like

Iā€™d say a fuck load of it.

He had the Mrs put all the kids into the mini-van then to go collect him. She was probably driving alongside him, firing out the electrolytes

2 Likes

28.8kmph, positively pushing him along apace.

its natural geographical juicing. its not coincidence that locke and lance both start with an L and finish with an E :eek:

I went to try and run a decent time today in driving wind and rain - Iā€™m either thick or just mental. It was like a day on a bike where regardless of what turn you make the wind is in your face. Except the wind today is about 40km/hr.

4:45min/km average gets me some redemption from my abject performance earlier in the week. A tempo run (once I figure out what that is), a long slow run, and a speed session between now and next Friday and Iā€™ll try and smash the 23 mins over the weekend to avoid relegation.

2 Likes

@Gman, check this shit out.

1 Like

Once you feel the tape break on your chest itā€™s like a drug @Thomas_Brady

Ironically using actual drugs increases your chances of it.