Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

12 Likes

Oooft! Happy promotion Ray!

Actually, @Loko_Cove and @alf_stewart are painfully mis-placed in our group. At least you’ve beaten @Fran.

1 Like

Upside down L formation was an inspired route decision.

1 Like

Ran in the temples this morning which meant it was somewhat cooler and the first 2km were in the shade. @Juhniallio comments irked me so hence route change.

8 Likes

Throw up some pics of your route next time Ray. I’m sure many would like to see what it’s like there. Great time too

1 Like

You might want to edit the top of that screenshot too @RaymondCrotty

1 Like

Super effort Raymond, I knew you’d put together a run to beat me, there’s no way I’ll be getting near that time.

1 Like

Yes, the traditional L formation just wasn’t working out for him. Sometimes the slightest tweeks can make a huge difference #smallmargins

1 Like

:boom::boom::boom::boom:

1 Like

I’m a natural athletics coach and knew you just needed the right buttons pushed.

1 Like

We’ve broken the 5k barrier :clap::clap::clap:

9 Likes

I had a double espresso about 30 mins prior to run followed by a pint of water that I put a spoon of honey, some salt and a squeeze of lemon into. Christ
I was on top of the world for a good 3 minutes during my warm up.

1 Like

The Red Bull article you linked mentioned coffee was great fuel for the run. It also casually mentioned, by the by, that other caffeinated drinks such as Red Bull were an acceptable substitute.

1 Like

You’re at nothing without a good caffeinated drink about 30-40mins prior to a run.

You’ll be the Ben Johnson of this thread yet

I’m gonna need a ruling here @caulifloweredneanderthal…26.21 but the fucking watch is pricking about over 1m.

Exhibit a

Exhibit b

5 Likes

Just run another 10 metres and we’ll add the time for that

That’s 5k bud and great running.

If you slowed down a tad on the first you’d have more for the last 2k

1 Like

well done, good running.
That 40 seconds you made up in the first K really stood to you :clap: :clap:

1 Like

He had to recover from it on the second and third k tho.