Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I suspect he accidentally ran too hard out the gate and got a fright with the first split, slowed down too much, still had enough for a 5:13 last split

I’d say @Juhniallio is very close to running the magical 25.

4 Likes

He’s still 2 seconds behind @Thomas_Brady. That should be his only focus for now.

1 Like

No point hitting the front yet… I might give you a few days false hope first.*

*this is how it plays out in my head anyway. …

1 Like

Lovely running, pal. Did you do a scenic coastal route?

1 Like

There’s no pattern to my running at all… The day I hit 26.19 the legs were a little tired from run the day before and I only intended going out to stretch the legs.

The heat is on now tho… @TheUlteriorMotive has hired a movement coach I’m hearing.

Yes and no. That did happen. I started off and ran a 4.30 first k and blew up and stopped before 2k. So I walked a k then started my 5k again. The first km in that run is down a small decline while the 2nd km has a sharp uphill for about 400m. I’d be confident there’s more in the tank for sub 26 anyway. It’s a few years since I went sub 25.

1 Like

I’m like a lad in Everest base camp. The wind and rain has put paid to my planned attack on the summit today.

1 Like

No Malahide Castle to shelter from the wind and rain. A lot of it is semi covered.

2 Likes

Yes, very nice up there and good running trail(s). A regular summer/weekend venue for a walk for us pre pandemic.

1 Like

Inter county is the logical next step @caulifloweredneanderthal

Find a way to make it happen, @Locke can play for Cork to make up the numbers, for a county well represented in TFK Galway are fairly shit at running

1 Like

That was me earlier until mrs J hit me with a ‘you did say you were going out for a run this morning. Are you not competing with strangers on the internet?’ I feel great now I must say.

9 Likes

Every county has its strengths. Galway will win the mouthing off and not washing for a set length of time events. *

*I’m presuming @flattythehurdler would have to run for Lancashire?

No fcuking way will I represent anything English in any way.

1 Like

18k this morning mostly trail. 5.15 average pace.

6 Likes

Great idea - glad to be on your team @Wexford1996

6 Likes

Allegedly…

If @Ambrose_McNulty applied the same effort to running as he does to cutting humour he’d be a superstar.

@KinvarasPassion would need to release a Limousin at the same time as he starts his run on Strava and he wouldn’t be long breaking 25 mins then

When @caulifloweredneanderthal comes over next year all going well, he will have the pleasure of meeting Matty, ed, Claire, damo etc and will be able to independently corroborate.

The Galway lads could do with turning off Fox News and getting out of the house.

Your hook nose may be give you an advantage here so it’s worth a shot.

Targeting 200 meters in under 30 seconds by end of the month. We’ll see how it goes after that.

200m in 34 seconds on the maiden voyage and I can barely go up the stairs since :sweat_smile:. The fast twitch muscles may need a little lubrication.

10 Likes